LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Give a surfboard to a kid who doesn't have one.

I just gave my old Mike Daniels to a neighborhood kid. Yeah I was going to sell it but it would probably only fetch $75 so I decided to just give it to a neighborhood kid. The family had been talking about getting him surfing and I thought this might push him to start. They gave my son a nice set of kids golf clubs a few months back and I thought this was a great way to say thank you. I got thinking about how some kids might never start or enjoy surfing if they don't get the chance to take that first step of owning a board so all you do gooders out there, if you have an old board laying around that you don't use, give the gift of stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by StuckontheGulf View Post
    I just gave my old Mike Daniels to a neighborhood kid. Yeah I was going to sell it but it would probably only fetch $75 so I decided to just give it to a neighborhood kid. The family had been talking about getting him surfing and I thought this might push him to start. They gave my son a nice set of kids golf clubs a few months back and I thought this was a great way to say thank you. I got thinking about how some kids might never start or enjoy surfing if they don't get the chance to take that first step of owning a board so all you do gooders out there, if you have an old board laying around that you don't use, give the gift of stoke.
    Great gift to any kid, I wish someone had done that for me when i was growing up, that definitely would have gotten me going.

Absolutely!

What a gift! I gotta do that! That's how we all should've got our first board.

I gave away my 8FT foamie that was sitting in the garage to an 8 year old neighbor.
    Parents didn't really have money to buy him 1, and he's always shredding on the skateboard.
    VERY cool.

thats a cool idea. i don't think i would of started if my dad didn't buy me one

Thats how i got my board 4 years ago maybe someday you will come across some great board floating in the ocean somewhere lol

When I was like 7 I was given an old m10 hogfish. That board forced me to learn how to repair fins and delams at a young age

My first board was gifted to me at 16. A 6'6" channin fun shape. Was a beater for sure. After 2 years and once I started saving money, I took it to Blair in Ocean city, MD for a serious overhaul. For $100 bucks I had almost a brand new board and will have it for the rest of my life. Now I'm 21, own several boards, and surf every time I get the chance. I come from a financially unstable home and would never have gotten into surfing if it wasn't for that person that gifted me the board.

quit surfing, its bad for kids

this is funny, same with me, i was gifted my first surfboard from a neighbor which was enough to get the ball rolling with surfing