LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    If you look at Cherokee Sport/Classic.....look for the inline 6 engine.....I had a '90 Sport 2DR that ran for 230K+ miles......good in the mountains and sand...easy to find parts

I've been cruisin a 2013 Dodge Caravan for the last week. The Expedition I had reserved fell through; so Thrifty made it up to me (?) with this thing. AWD, flex fuel, stow in go seating, lcd entertainment for the kiddos. Seats 7! Latches on all the seats for car seats. Not as roomy as the Ford, but I ain't sittin in the cargo hold anyway. Fits boards and people and I had no problem getting through a little red mud on the dirt road out to my boy's spread in the country. Decent on the mpgs too. I've driven FWD Caravans through the snow in the Poconos an gotten em up the hill to Camelback when there was 8" on the ground and the plow hadn't made it yet. AWD could tackle it no prob. The mini-van, cause havin groms is the ultimate action sport.
    ; )

Word Gaffer on the minivan. I'm on my 2nd grand caravan and I love it. I can fit 6 brds up to 9ft inside the van with 2 other peeps riding. Or 2 boajrds and a queen size futon that sleeps great on rodetrips (no hotels) or at festies. And cops don't hound dirty minivans for the mst part.

Quote Originally Posted by pawley View Post
    Word Gaffer on the minivan. I'm on my 2nd grand caravan and I love it. I can fit 6 brds up to 9ft inside the van with 2 other peeps riding. Or 2 boajrds and a queen size futon that sleeps great on rodetrips (no hotels) or at festies. And cops don't hound dirty minivans for the mst part.
    We can't forget about the Volvo 245 series either. Hundreds of thousands of miles later, the saying "Volvos, they're boxy, but they're good." can't be denied. Owed all to that old station wagon (my first car 600$, from my the septuagenarian, twin, spinster aunts). Unstoppable. They drive them in Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    We can't forget about the Volvo 245 series either. Hundreds of thousands of miles later, the saying "Volvos, they're boxy, but they're good." can't be denied. Owed all to that old station wagon (my first car 600$, from my the septuagenarian, twin, spinster aunts). Unstoppable. They drive them in Sweden.
    Funny. My first car was a 76 245 dl I got for 650 in eastham, ma and drove to telluride. Sold it for 50. to a junkyard in Norwood, CO.
    Last edited by cresto4; Nov 22, 2012 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Norwood clarification

get a honda element they are good on gas dependable and versatile.Caravans are good too for the room If you take the seats out. just have to face the fact that your dreams are over you drive a minivan.Whatever you decide check it out good , gonna be alot of frakenstorm cars some dishonest auto lots are gonna try to move quick.

1st generation Toyota Tacoma 4x4 DC.....can't go wrong with then, they are extremely reliable, hold their value and will get you in an out of where you need to go, holding a ton of **** as well. And the bed makes for the best changing mat in the industry.....I love my 2nd Gen, good luck in your search

4 dr tacoma has to be your first choice. i spent months looking for the right one but they are so epxensive because they hold their value so well. i ended up buying a brand new GMC canyon, 4wd, 6 foot bed, but only 2 seats. its great for a surf vehicle, i put bigger tires on it and now can basically drive anywhere. i keep three boards in the back and a bunch of wetsuits at all times (tonneau cover protects everything). generally i'm very happy with the purchase, but still would have loved to get a taco

-plus, you don't get all the looks when the most people you can show up with is one extra person, and you aren't driving a minivan haha

Quote Originally Posted by 1vin View Post
    . . .just have to face the fact that your dreams are over you drive a minivan.
    Dreams never die, sometimes they're just forgotten. ; )

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

You're a surfer.