LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

rhode island surf

I'm gonna be up in RI for turkey day and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a beach to surf at. I'm staying about 10 mins outside of providence but RI is small so im not worried about a long drive. Also wondering how the beaches faired after Sandy. If anyone could help that would be great.

Yeah man first or second beach should have some waves. Eastons. My sister goes to school on the cliffs and I know they closed school for sandy but don't think it was devastating relative to southern areas.

I've always wanted to go up there to Narragansett. there has been pics in the mags in the past that look big and clean.

go to misquamicut its the best break in rhode island

Quote Originally Posted by meatloaf View Post
    go to misquamicut its the best break in rhode island
    Do really need to be spot naming/spot advertising? And that's wrong anyway. It's closeouts most of the time. It's only good once in a while, which is why it's not a crowded zoo like the more popular breaks. Not exactly a smart idea to bank on driving all the way from Providence when it's so hit and miss.

Also, that area close to atlantic ave got devastated by the hurricane and I know the entire area had no access for a long time because of all the carnage. Not sure if access has returned. Atlantic ave was under 6 feet of sand
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Nov 19, 2012 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Do really need to be spot naming/spot advertising? And that's wrong anyway. It's closeouts most of the time. It's only good once in a while, which is why it's not a crowded zoo like the more popular breaks. Not exactly a smart idea to bank on driving all the way from Providence when it's so hit and miss.

Also, that area close to atlantic ave got devastated by the hurricane and I know the entire area had no access for a long time because of all the carnage. Not sure if access has returned. Atlantic ave was under 6 feet of sand
    stfu bruh. PM me if u want some info.

Wow your a smart guy. dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by meatloaf View Post
    Wow your a smart guy. dumbass
    Yeah well I'm smart enough to understand it's "you're a smart guy"
    Now who's the dumbass?

Images
    Yeah well I'm smart enough to understand it's "you're a smart guy"
    Now who's the dumbass?
    Hehe...thank god for contractions and grammatical rules. Aside from the obvious well known spots, I agree, no need to further specify a spot than to speak in relative terms. Surfed this Saturday and it was 2-4 ft, super clean, and my buddy and I were the only two guys in the water. Had the whole beach to ourselves. If you do your homework and find it cool, no need to let the world know about it though.

Here's misqumaicut after sandy. Really the only area of ri that got smashed for some reason.
    99891-c2a4c.jpg