LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    gansett beach break should be good. some nice new sand bars there from sandy. it looked good the other day when I drove by east swells smaller in newport so first and second beach a bad call will be small. ganny picks up more east

Quote Originally Posted by lipride20 View Post
    I'm gonna be up in RI for turkey day and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a beach to surf at. I'm staying about 10 mins outside of providence but RI is small so im not worried about a long drive. Also wondering how the beaches faired after Sandy. If anyone could help that would be great.

cape cod may be good. RI wont be that good this swell. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Why worry about the beaches when there are plenty of nice rock reef breaks? Plenty of places to surf around Narragansett and Newport that don't have a sand bottom. The biggest factor in surfing Rhodie is the swell direction.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by littlerhody View Post
    gansett beach break should be good. some nice new sand bars there from sandy.
    I've noticed the same. Some other beachies in the area are working nicely also. I'm curious as to how spots at the aforementioned beach are breaking, haven't even tried getting down there post-Sandy.

stop naming spots holy **** i thought people should know this by ****ing now how old are you guys 12?

Forget RI. Come to Charleston, SC/Folly Beach. Then you can surf the Washout, 10th Block East, the Pier and if you don't mind the paddle, there's a sweet little break off the north end of the island outside the lighthouse - no one really goes there. What other spots can I name? There's a spot between the Pier and 3rd Block West as well as a spot at 5th/6th Block East. Then there's this other spot....

Images
    Yeah but if you surf the northeast and are unaware of 'Gansett town beach, 1st, or 2nd you are most likely suffering from some type of developmental disability.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Yeah but if you surf the northeast and are unaware of 'Gansett town beach, 1st, or 2nd you are most likely suffering from some type of developmental disability.
    exactly lol

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Do really need to be spot naming/spot advertising? And that's wrong anyway. It's closeouts most of the time. It's only good once in a while, which is why it's not a crowded zoo like the more popular breaks. Not exactly a smart idea to bank on driving all the way from Providence when it's so hit and miss.

Also, that area close to atlantic ave got devastated by the hurricane and I know the entire area had no access for a long time because of all the carnage. Not sure if access has returned. Atlantic ave was under 6 feet of sand

Wow your a smart guy. dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by meatloaf View Post
    Wow your a smart guy. dumbass
    Yeah well I'm smart enough to understand it's "you're a smart guy"
    Now who's the dumbass?