LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanksgiving!

Happy Thansgiving to all, let not forget our brothers to the north. Waves in VB tomorrow pm!

Images
    RGIII .. dude's a baller!
    ... Hail to RGIII

Well VB was really fun on Black Friday. Honestly its hard to believe that we had chest to head high sets , clean conditions and on a day that I didnt have to work. Glad the air temps were in the low to mid 60's because the water has gotten cold alot quicker than normal. Typically we hover mid to upper 50s until later in December. This year we are at 50* early. There is going to be some cold winter sessions this year. This of course is better than last winter hoepfully..... We had a pretty warm winter last year, as far as water temps, but hardly any waves so......
    Hope everyone scored some fun waves on the Black Friday swell.

Images
    fun waves here! all lefts!!! got covered up a few times! also got some staples in my head from my fin.... fun times

Surfed from Wednesday through Saturday. Best day was Black Friday, and while over-forecasted as usual, it was still chest to an occassional head-high (6-8 ft? pfft). And there's still a few clean thigh high peelers this morning too.

You're right about the water temps being cooler than usual. I usually transition to a spring suit here around thanksgiving, and two weeks later a wetsuit in December. But this year I was already in a full suit early November and almost needed boots this weekend.

^ Mayport was sooooo good for that stretch last week did 2-3 hr sessions for 5 days....but definitely over called everyday....maybe head high the biggest day

Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    ^ Mayport was sooooo good for that stretch last week did 2-3 hr sessions for 5 days....but definitely over called everyday....maybe head high the biggest day
    Gotta love that Jetty wind blockage. Usually I'm at Jax Beach since I live real close, but the bars are fooked there right now.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bushwood View Post
    Well VB was really fun on Black Friday. Honestly its hard to believe that we had chest to head high sets , clean conditions and on a day that I didnt have to work. Glad the air temps were in the low to mid 60's because the water has gotten cold alot quicker than normal. Typically we hover mid to upper 50s until later in December. This year we are at 50* early. There is going to be some cold winter sessions this year. This of course is better than last winter hoepfully..... We had a pretty warm winter last year, as far as water temps, but hardly any waves so......

Hope everyone scored some fun waves on the Black Friday swell.
    Very fun. I got completely covered up off a late take off on an overhead bomb at croatan. It was good till the winds switched

Images
    I surf assateague va usually but went down to jacksonville beach florida for thanksgiving for the first time. Nice vibe down there and good waves off the pier friday morning. Definitely going back down there when the swell gets right.
    Last edited by marknel83; Nov 27, 2012 at 02:58 AM.