LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    In Grande I like the RipJack inn. Great food, nice pool, across the street from the beach.

Also, someone told me about a real nice break at a rivermouth called the estuary. Is that right there or down a ways from the town.

Headed to Mal Pais / Santa Teresa Tomorrow. Ill let you know how it is

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfish View Post
    Headed to Mal Pais / Santa Teresa Tomorrow. Ill let you know how it is
    ive been to both of them check out momtezuma, there is a good spot by mal pais called mar azul or something great lefts and its a point break i went last april with huges swells rolling in. check out playa hermosa a little north of santa Teresa idk what the swelling going to be like but if its like 13ft it will all close out besides the point breaks and inside the nicoya pen.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfer1234 View Post
    Also, someone told me about a real nice break at a rivermouth called the estuary. Is that right there or down a ways from the town.
    if your talking about tamarindo rivermouth? idk but theres a crap tone of diles in it.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    ive been to both of them check out momtezuma, there is a good spot by mal pais called mar azul or something great lefts and its a point break i went last april with huges swells rolling in. check out playa hermosa a little north of santa Teresa idk what the swelling going to be like but if its like 13ft it will all close out besides the point breaks and inside the nicoya pen.
    It is supposed to get a few around 5-6 feet at 16 sec. So mar azul, bowling balls, humbolitos, and all the other points will be firing.....I hope.

If you go to montezuma, there's a body surfing spot to the right of the bus stop, and a sweet break to left at the end of the road. BUT, the premier spot is Cedros on the way to Cabuya. Left hander that peals off a rock slab and goes across a little cove. It's closer and faster if you go thru the Cabo Blanco reserve. plus there's critters and extreme 4x4 if it's damp.

Quote Originally Posted by surfer1234 View Post
    Just north of the river mouth itself. South of Grande. Hard to get to if you don't know where, ask Ian at Frijoles Locos in Grande. Didn't see any crocs, but there were some two legged local sharks.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    if your talking about tamarindo rivermouth? idk but theres a crap tone of diles in it.
    Just came back from Tamarindo... any that are at the river mouth at dawn, fishermen pull them back up river.
    Nothing to worry about; fun little right.

Crocs aren't a big worry in that area.

Down south in Tavives now that's a different story. A few people have actually been eaten there! I know for sure a body boarder and a fisherman. Its a real good break almost like Pavones when it fires. Problem is the journey getting there. You have to cross that river, and its wide and full of crocs! Then you walk through the cave and paddle out to the point. That river is knarley! I can remember paddling with just my finger tips and surprisingly I think it I made it 100 yards in 3 seconds!

Also the far end of Hermosa (Tulin) there's a rivermouth and actually a really good wave but crocs are heavy there too!

I think the turtles rule Grande and their about the only thing you have to worry about. Well that and the crowd!