LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Stayed at Tamarindo Daria with my gf that does not surf in August. I surfed once in Tamarindo and spent the other time paying tour guides to take me to Playa Avellanas for $60-80 bucks. The hotel has good tours other than surfing which your gf may appreciate.

Images
    I have stayed at the Daria twice; great location in Tamarindo, but it is not a true Costa experience. My girlfriend is pretty picky but she did enjoy Hotel Playa Negra. Negra is one of my favorite waves. If you go, bring a mask and fins because that break has tons of lobsters.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewk529 View Post
    My girlfriend is pretty picky but she did enjoy Hotel Playa Negra. If you go, bring a mask and fins because that break has tons of lobsters.
    so...what are you saying? bust out the snares and feed all the langosta to our picky picky girlfriends? aren't you the same conservation-minded, data-citing fellow who wants the obx closed to all orvs? but - somehow in your version of reality - it's ok if rich gringos go down to cr and catch and eat their lobsters? whadaya think would happen if a bunch of ticos showed up in Puerto Nuevo, Maine and started harvesting?

Jaco is sketch. I wouldn't bother with that place. So many other areas to go that are much nicer. Playa Hermosa is pretty cool though.

Oh and leave the girl behind. If the surf is cranking, you'll wish she wasn't there j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    Jaco is sketch. I wouldn't bother with that place. So many other areas to go that are much nicer. Playa Hermosa is pretty cool though.
    Bring extra money to pay off the cops right? HAHA, or you may get a knife pulled on you, who knows....
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Nov 27, 2012 at 03:19 PM.

I agree about jaco... so sketchy with all the trannies and drugs... it can ruin your trip along with the, sorta ok sometimes, waves. DEF dont take your lady there

Images
    cresto..How many people are actually going to A) travel to Negra B) bring the necessary dive gear and have the knowledge to use it?...Newsflash; Costa has been blown up for years. If you become acquainted with any local down there they are more than willing to share information...I didn't divulge any secret knowledge which couldn't be obtained on lonely planet or through common sense....Honestly, I would be happy to take out some travelers to lesser known areas which I am familiar with.
    Last edited by andrewk529; Nov 27, 2012 at 05:18 PM.

+1 with surfcosta.com went to costa rica and stayed with them last winter for a week, best trip of my life

How is Hotel Playa Negra?