LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Images

Thumbs up Equipify - Make Money by renting out your extra surfboards!

Hey Everyone,

Swellinfo is helping to promote this brand new service called Equipify

Its pretty cool. It is a peer to peer network, which connects fellow surfers and outdoors people to rent out their unused gear. So, lets say you have a handful of surfboards in your garage. Perhaps you wouldn't mind renting them to someone from out of town for the day or week and earn a few extra bucks. Sure, you might not want to rent that brand new board, but what about that old board you barely ride anymore.

I think its a pretty cool idea, especially for traveling surfers where airline fees are so high.
    So, give it a look, and list some of your gear if your so inclined! And, its not just surfboards, its basically any outdoor gear. Bikes, Skis, Snowboards, camp gear, etc, etc..

Equpify.me

I'd rent my girlfriend out before my surfboards.

Pimpify.her

Quote Originally Posted by Manisses View Post
    I'd rent my girlfriend out before my surfboards.

Pimpify.her
    ...Classic.

i got 5 on it

any luck?

Quote Originally Posted by meatloaf View Post
    i got 5 on it
    What has been your experience? made any money?

Nice notion, but not worth it

As a person with a lot of sporting gear over the years, my experience with renting or lending out has not generally been positive. Stuff gets broken, lost, torn, dented - plenty of "ooops factor". I really want to be nice to folks entering a new sport, but i have been burned too many times in the past. Right now I maintain a "second line" of camping gear to lend out to folks - or I should say I did do that until someone "lost" the tent.
    And I wouldn't lend/rent out a surfboard unless it was a a good friend and the board was a surftech...

It is a good hearted idea, but won't fly for me.
    My two cents

Paul Moos

wedding dresses

What if someone rents your board and drowns are you liable? What if your stick gets damaged or breaks? Sounds like a good concept but a lot of what ifs... I leave boards in PR and would love to rent them out but what if..

Images
    so has anybody actually made any coin doing this? how was your experience at either end of the deal?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    so has anybody actually made any coin doing this? how was your experience at either end of the deal?
    i guess not...