LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Thumbs up Equipify - Make Money by renting out your extra surfboards!

Hey Everyone,

Swellinfo is helping to promote this brand new service called Equipify

Its pretty cool. It is a peer to peer network, which connects fellow surfers and outdoors people to rent out their unused gear. So, lets say you have a handful of surfboards in your garage. Perhaps you wouldn't mind renting them to someone from out of town for the day or week and earn a few extra bucks. Sure, you might not want to rent that brand new board, but what about that old board you barely ride anymore.

I think its a pretty cool idea, especially for traveling surfers where airline fees are so high.
    So, give it a look, and list some of your gear if your so inclined! And, its not just surfboards, its basically any outdoor gear. Bikes, Skis, Snowboards, camp gear, etc, etc..

Equpify.me

I'd rent my girlfriend out before my surfboards.

Pimpify.her

i got 5 on it

What if someone rents your board and drowns are you liable? What if your stick gets damaged or breaks? Sounds like a good concept but a lot of what ifs... I leave boards in PR and would love to rent them out but what if..

Images
    so has anybody actually made any coin doing this? how was your experience at either end of the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Manisses View Post
    I'd rent my girlfriend out before my surfboards.

Pimpify.her
    ...Classic.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    so has anybody actually made any coin doing this? how was your experience at either end of the deal?
    i guess not...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    i guess not...
    These guys just launched the site and are just hoping to get people on board to list equipment at this point. Its still a brand new service right now.

Images
    Even though the agreement states that you will not be liable for damage or injury, I would be leery of it. Its not worth it to make 20 bucks renting a board if I could get sued because someone hits their head on the board, etc.
    Something that might also be useful would be a site or option on this site where you can sign up to be a "guide" and point the person in the location of where they could rent a board, then take them surfing/mountain biking/skiing or whatever, in your location that you have dialed in.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by delawaredell View Post
    Even though the agreement states that you will not be liable for damage or injury, I would be leery of it. Its not worth it to make 20 bucks renting a board if I could get sued because someone hits their head on the board, etc.
    I believe, that Equipify leaves it up to the owner to make an agreement with the rentee. They are just the platform that allows owners and rentees to connect, and all agreements are between those 2 parties. So, if I was going to rent out a board, I would make the rentee sign an agreement that makes sure the owner isn't liable, etc etc.