LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

Long island sound possibility

I know some guys posted a photo of someone in a tube that he claimed was taken in the long island sound during hurricane sandy. Well this wasn't taken during sandy but during a different hurricane swell a year ago, it was irene i think. Its from my back yard overlooking the long island sound. 523700_10150672807570978_265224629_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mpnorthshore View Post
    I know some guys posted a photo of someone in a tube that he claimed was taken in the long island sound during hurricane sandy. Well this wasn't taken during sandy but during a different hurricane swell a year ago, it was irene i think. Its from my back yard overlooking the long island sound. 523700_10150672807570978_265224629_n.jpg
    I have surfed the sound a few times in CT. the pic from Sandy was taken by a guy from around Montuak and I wonder if it was just around a corner somewhere there and not really in the sound?
    Is your pic from a south facing beach in LI?

Images
    Wish my side of the sound looked like that!

Images
    no my beach is as north facing as you can get, its impossible to not look at CT when your standing on the beach

cool photo... but that's gotta be a once every never type of thing...from just from looking at a map... the Chesapeake Bay has a much wider swell window and gets legitimately good a half dozen times a year...but I guess if it's at the mouth of the sound and not in actually in the sound it could happen more frequently