LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vestal - brig

As someone else said... get the Ripcurl Trestles Tide watch. It's cool looking, has local tides and is durable. You can get them every once in a while on WM for like 50/60 dollars.

My vote goes to G-Shock, it's always in the water with me and never an issue. I've had mine for about 8 years, replaced the battery and band once.

In the late 70's my wife got me a watch advertised in Surfer. It came packaged in a jar of water. First time wearing it, at the most crowded area in VB, I had a guy drop in on me flailing his arms. He hit my wrist, the watch popped off and is probably still functioning by the jetty.

Rip Curl. I have 4.

Images
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Casio-Mens-G...739#vi-content

With the stainless band, and screws attaching the band to the crown. It's a tank, never needs winding or batteries and since it's atomic, it updates itself with atomic time every early morning. You won't be sorry.
    Last edited by MDSurfer; Nov 29, 2012 at 12:13 PM.

Images
    i got this- and continually mention it cause it is the best watch i have had! I usually destroy watches, but this one has lasted- plus its a TIDE watch!

http://www.amazon.com/Freestyle-1010...sic+shark+tide

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    In the late 70's my wife got me a watch advertised in Surfer. It came packaged in a jar of water. First time wearing it, at the most crowded area in VB, I had a guy drop in on me flailing his arms. He hit my wrist, the watch popped off and is probably still functioning by the jetty.
    This is an awesome story. IF there is ever a day that the water isn't brown, I'm goin' treasure huntin'

Bought a RIP CURL TIDEMASTER in Oahu in 1996. Still on my wrist right now. I send it to them every few years and have it serviced and it is one awesome watch. I love having the tides. It was the first one with them I think. It definately is more expensive, like $250 I think I paid but jeez, break down the per year cost and it is a deal. I also have a SS Freestyle that I won at a surf movie raffle. I like that one too. I tend to wear that one when I surf more because the RIP CURL has a lot of sentimental value and I would crap if I lost it.

Nixon Rubber Player

Very basic, but comfortable and have had it for years. No problems