LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Somebody's gotta be wrong

What's up with the forecast for NoSDCo for the next 3 days? SwellInfo's got it at 3-4/5 all weekend and every local news station and Surfline are calling for 6-10 depending on the spot. Where's Brick Tamland when we need him? The buoys up North are already showing 8 feet at 14 seconds. It was a pretty mellow 2-3 this morning. No wind, but nothing special. If it's gonna be OH and macking this afternoon, I might need to knock off early and work from home tonight.

Images
    Swellinfo shows a lot more swell getting into to the south:
    http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-foreca...nia-south.html

I'll keep an eye on it to see if changes need to be made to the North County forecast.

3. Surfline is based in California. Swellinfo is based on the east coast. Use surfline for California and Swellinfo for the east coast. I have lived both places and they are often wrong when it comes to forecasting for the other coast. Saying that it will be 5-7 on Saturday in SD is insane. Blacks will be 10-12 with bigger sets. So yes changes need to be made. I like your site and no offense, but those are the facts

Quit your *****ing its completely flat over here at least you have surf

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Swellinfo shows a lot more swell getting into to the south:
    http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-foreca...nia-south.html

I'll keep an eye on it to see if changes need to be made to the North County forecast.
    Thanks man. That makes sense what with the direction of the Swell. Might be a good weekend to head South and see if the old 3rd bar is waking up.

NoSDCo is so spot dependent that I take the forecast with a grain of salt, but you're usually pretty close. Not so concerned with how big as to when, which you usually nail. Plus your site has the little man and bars. Little man green wit bars over head, what more you need to know? I’m hoping that you’ve under called it ; )

Quote Originally Posted by ec1123 View Post
    Quit your *****ing its completely flat over here at least you have surf
    Who's complaining? More trying to give Mr. Swell a heads up that his model might be off. In my line of work, without feedback of some sort, we never know that an issue might need to be addressed. I figured I’d extend the same professional courtesy to a service that I use. SwellInfo does not enjoy the same reputation on the West Coast that Surfline does; but I use both sites. It was completely flat out here 2 weeks ago. Waves come and go. Keep biting your nails and getting grumpier and wait it out or pack a board and take a trip.

Hope it picks up for you soon.

I do wish Brick Tamland was a real person. At least we have John Coleman.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Who's complaining? More trying to give Mr. Swell a heads up that his model might be off. In my line of work, without feedback of some sort, we never know that an issue might need to be addressed. I figured I’d extend the same professional courtesy to a service that I use. SwellInfo does not enjoy the same reputation on the West Coast that Surfline does; but I use both sites. It was completely flat out here 2 weeks ago. Waves come and go. Keep biting your nails and getting grumpier and wait it out or pack a board and take a trip.

Hope it picks up for you soon.

I do wish Brick Tamland was a real person. At least we have John Coleman.
    Perhaps you missed this one a little while back, this may satisfy your need to "help" out Mr. Swellinfo

http://www.swellinfo.com/surfnews/ne...-feedback.html
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Nov 30, 2012 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Perhaps you missed this one a little while back, this may satisfy your need to "help" out Mr. Swellinfo

http://www.swellinfo.com/surfnews/ne...-feedback.html
    Nope, must've missed that one. Clicking on that link results in FAIL:
    EpicFail.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Nope, must've missed that one. Clicking on that link results in FAIL:
    EpicFail.JPG
    This is Mr. Swell info's link i copied from the thread about the new "spot on service", seems to work for me, http://www.swellinfo.com/surfnews/ne...-feedback.html
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Nov 29, 2012 at 10:56 PM.

Images
    Hey ZaGaffer, I actually adjusted the location output for the North County forecast.
    It looks pretty good to me as far as the swell output data data. San Diego buoys are showing 4ft @ 13 seconds this morning, definitely nothing huge right now. Tomorrow should be bigger.