LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Give that link another try Gaffer, not sure what happened there...

i grew up on the east coast in new jersey. must say that swellinfo... i think more specifically mica? does an amazing job forecasting there. always spot on and super personable with everyone out there. hes always on top of his game and updates and tweeks models all the time to get the right forecast! however, swellinfo out on the west coast is HORRIBLE! im up at ucsb and live right on the ocean. they say flat, i look out and its stomach high all day. they say stomach high and its OH like it is right now. Im about to jump in for my second sesh but just wanted to show how much i agree. On another note, surfline really isnt that great for predicting waves on the west coast either. maybe down in ventura and LA and san diego, but theyre really bad for santa barbara county. Maybe its because of the islands that no one can really predict the swell for this area that well, but its sooooo annoying !

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Hey ZaGaffer, I actually adjusted the location output for the North County forecast.
    It looks pretty good to me as far as the swell output data data. San Diego buoys are showing 4ft @ 13 seconds this morning, definitely nothing huge right now. Tomorrow should be bigger.
    I'd say you got closer than the forecasters out here. I was out from 6:30 to 8:00AM this morning. 3-6' WNW on average with the occaisonal larger set maybe 8' n some change. Super fun and clean; not much wind, rain was coming straight down. Hope you're right about tomorrow. Keep up the stoke man and as always thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Give that link another try Gaffer, not sure what happened there...
    I'd forgotten about that little spot-on thing man. It never makes it past our corp firewall, I think it has something to do with the certificate errors I always get a pop up warning for. Eh, watchyagonnado? I never see it at home either, only time I ever access the site from the casa is on my iPad. It must be flash driven, cause I never see it on that either. I keep meaning to download the app. I figure I'll get around to it right after I sign up for Facebook. I bet you what happened with that original link is, you copied it from another post and put it into the little URL embed pop up. I think that the anchor tag must have some max number of characters or something so that it shortens the link to display to some default length. The link itself works, because the code looks something like:
    <a href= “http://google.com”>Your Link</a>

But you can’t copy just the “Your Link” part to another Post and expect it to go back to Google.

Little Pre-swell cam captures from 4PM yesterday, just as it was starting to pick up

Swami's
    Swamis_11292012.JPG

Home sweet home

TheReef.JPG

somebody is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Hey ZaGaffer, I actually adjusted the location output for the North County forecast.
    It looks pretty good to me as far as the swell output data data. San Diego buoys are showing 4ft @ 13 seconds this morning, definitely nothing huge right now. Tomorrow should be bigger.
    I have to admit I am surprised to see the rating chart for swell size. Thats kinda inspiring, but its still guppies an goons at the helm. So you've got numerous sites in sooocooool stormsurf,wetsand, and magicseaweed. Counter refrence everything with NWS and noah, betcha calafia will be good on the low tide.

Use this link as back up for socal.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=46231

I usually read the second chart as you scroll down. I have to admit the forecast have been pretty spot in for the reefs. This morning was head head to a few bigger. My buddy did claim blacks at 13 foot faces. I don't believe him...

Images
    It's pretty sweet when the administrator talks to you about what he's doing to adjust the forcast. I love this sight. Generally spot on down here!
    Last edited by natkitchen; Dec 1, 2012 at 05:36 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Little Pre-swell cam captures from 4PM yesterday, just as it was starting to pick up

Swami's
    Swamis_11292012.JPG

Home sweet home

TheReef.JPG
    I am sure it got a lot better than those pics. Have fun and watch out for the Hep, I know it's been raining.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    I'd forgotten about that little spot-on thing man. It never makes it past our corp firewall, I think it has something to do with the certificate errors I always get a pop up warning for. Eh, watchyagonnado? I never see it at home either, only time I ever access the site from the casa is on my iPad. It must be flash driven, cause I never see it on that either. I keep meaning to download the app. I figure I'll get around to it right after I sign up for Facebook. I bet you what happened with that original link is, you copied it from another post and put it into the little URL embed pop up. I think that the anchor tag must have some max number of characters or something so that it shortens the link to display to some default length. The link itself works, because the code looks something like:
    <a href= “http://google.com”>Your Link</a>

But you can’t copy just the “Your Link” part to another Post and expect it to go back to Google.
    True that, I believe it works now, because i went back and copied the actual link from my browser instead. Thought the "spot-on" thing might come in handy if the forecasts are off for you. I don't bother with it here as it's typically "spot-on"...