LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

carver skateboards

never been much of a skater, but since i'm stuck out of the water w/ an injury for a bit, i decided to pick one up to sort of scratch the itch & maybe learn something new. got out on it for the first time & holy crap! felt like i was learning to walk or surf all over again...so shakey! took a bad spill, but had a blast...kinda stoked to get back out on it & figure this thing out. anyone ride one or have tips/suggestions for making the adjustment?

Images
    one of the best purchases I have made recently. Love mine.

Agreed, bought one over the summer and love the thing. Feel like it really helped with my turns in the water as well.

I picked one up about 4 months ago, hadn't skated since the 80s, and got instantly hooked. Much closer to surfing than regular skateboards. I've started riding mine in the bowls at the local skateparks and find they work very well so long as you respect the differences (heavier, not as good for lip tricks, can't ride them fakie, etc.)

Just spend some time getting used to the carving motion and pumping them for speed on flat ground. After a few weeks, it will feel totally natural and then you can take it wherever else you want to.

Images
    i want one. anybody wants to sell one, pm me.

awesome! feedback from people who've tried these things has been very positive...everyone seems to love them. where/how do you weight them to get the best response? front foot directly over the truck or slightly behind or in front? i discovered today not to put my rear foot too far back on the tail kick...

nj my brotha im happy ya found tha carver! its the best thing to train fo the waves when it flat man. i ride mine all the time great for learnin to put in on rail. oh yeah and yall asking bout foot placement skate with yo back foot all the way back on da tail ya get mo power into your turns and ya can do some slides. Peace

I own 2 carvers. Definitely worth picking one up. Best training on land for surfing if you have access to some smooth pavement.

Quote Originally Posted by tonylamont View Post
    I picked one up about 4 months ago, hadn't skated since the 80s, and got instantly hooked. Much closer to surfing than regular skateboards. I've started riding mine in the bowls at the local skateparks and find they work very well so long as you respect the differences (heavier, not as good for lip tricks, can't ride them fakie, etc.)

Just spend some time getting used to the carving motion and pumping them for speed on flat ground. After a few weeks, it will feel totally natural and then you can take it wherever else you want to.
    Ditto.....

I have the Taylor Knox Pro Model and effing LOVE IT!!!

The best thing to do is ride it for about half an hour before adjusting the trucks to get all the bushings pliable. I prefer to tighten the back truck to where maybe two threads of the kingpin are showing above the bolt.

Now, for the front (assuming yours has the C7 truck): I like to tighten the kingpin nut where almost one thread is showing. Then I tighten the front nut about 1 full turn and the spring tensioning nut about the same.

Then go ride a bit and adjust to your liking as you go. Granted, I keep mine pretty loose but I only ride bowls mostly so I'm not too worried about getting death wobbles on bigger hills.