LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coil Megamind

Coil Megamind

All this talk of Rockets and Motivators was making me think of alt shapes. Has anybody ridden a Coil Megamind? Got one? I'm diggin on that board. Pros? Con (yeah right)?

Last edited by zaGaffer; Dec 5, 2012 at 03:20 PM.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I'm sure it rides completely sick! I have never met a Coil that didn't ride great, nor have I ever had one built per some seemingly crazy and unorthodox suggestion from Mike that didn't end up being magic.

garbage. snapped 4 thus far

Quote Originally Posted by meatloaf View Post
    Lose some weight then! Geez!

LOL, now that’s pretty funny. Pull the other one, its got bells on it.

I love this thing a Tommy Moore Slop Rod, makes 1 foot and rideable fun. EPS/Epoxy Construction, lots of CEE off the tail, thing glides, flies, turns, and burns. Summertime and a T. Moore Slop Rod go together like Peas and Carrots

slop rod by jblacks, on Flickr

Not buying it....

Images
    There is no way you could snap 4 coils. I have had mine for over a year and rode it in surf close to 10 ft and have yet to put even a single pressure ding in it. I havnt ridden the particular model you mentioned but the shape i have is pretty solid and built to last.

Quote Originally Posted by bushwood View Post
    I love this thing a Tommy Moore Slop Rod, makes 1 foot and rideable fun. EPS/Epoxy Construction, lots of CEE off the tail, thing glides, flies, turns, and burns. Summertime and a T. Moore Slop Rod go together like Peas and Carrots

slop rod by jblacks, on Flickr
    I'm sorry Bushwood I don't know how to tell you this, it breaks my heart and that's a real nice board and all, but that's not a Coil. It's okay, I have lots of boards that aren't Coils too. I jk

Kind of reminds me of a Von Sol Super Shadow, only with a rounder nose, a little more rocker and rounder rails. Or one of those Chronic Roaches. I was checking some of those out when I was "over there". Nice looking. The double stringer on that thing is pretty sweet though, definitely not something you see very often on a board like that. What are they, two 1/8" balsa strips?

Still want to find somebody who's got a Megamind. Really curious as to how that crazy concave feels on the back foot.