LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coil Megamind

I have a Mega Mind its sic!!!
    Only have had it for a few months but its a great board for smaller conditions, turns like a hpsb.. I have the concave and I dig it havent put on a track top because it dont feel its needed with the concave

oh btw no one has snapped 4 coils I have 3 and not even pressure dings just a little foot wells..
    I am 5'10" 175lbs my Mega mind is 5'7" and I could have gone shorter.. This combines with a M-80 and Qualifier I am set up...

Yeah bauer, you da man! Thanks for the info. What kind of surf are you pulling it out for? Got a pic of that mean machine? Smaller than a 5'7"! Man, I was thinking of a 5'10" or 11” and I'm 6'2", 190-5#; but now you've got me wondering. What does that concave feel like under your back foot, is there some kind of noticeable absence between the heel and arch? Every board I've ever ridden has a pretty much a flat deck. I'm hoping to put in an order after tax season, maybe get it for the end of summer. Did you get it as a Quad?

Sorry to grill you, but these boards and their riders are rarities. I've never seen one on the West Coast (I've never seen anyone else surfing another Coil out here, but I know they're out there), but it looks like it'd be perfect for summer surf here.

I have it for knee to waist but it works well in bigger surf.. Had it out in some clean chest high waves and it was so fun...Concave is cool I like it feels good youll get used to it pretty fast and not really notice it but, Ill snap a few pics and post but im at work now so cant until later.. There r a few on the west coast, check out surfermag BB and Swaylocks ton of info and lots of pics the west coast guys seem to love em.. Our waves here in nj tend to be pretty steep and my MM turns like a short board!! I have done a few snaps of the lip that I couldnt believe I pulled off with a board thats 22.5"wide... 1st wave of every session boards seems so wide then I get used to it and it rips..e-mail Mike at coil and work out some DIMS, only need 100 buck down.. <br />Oh yea and its a quad and its FAST! I havent had it out in any mushy burger type waves but I am sure it would be great in those conditions..

Images
    Got a 5-8 megamind this summer (5-8 x 22 3/4 x 2 1/2). The summer before I got a 5-8 Coil "bloop" (sweet potato/ biscuit hybrid) that was intended as my longboard buster (5-8 x 22 x 2 3/4). I was shocked when the Megamind caught waves even easier than the bloop. Ideally, I'd want to go a little smaller, but with my age and aches, i wanted to keep it more user friendly. With a M80 and a Widerboard and Coil's quality, durability, and performance, I dont anticipate needing another board for at least 3+ years...Mike Daniel is the man!
    BTW Gaffer, at 6'2" & 190lb., I would say a 5-9 would be a good fit, 5-10 MAX

Images
    Also, check out the Coil Ride Reports thread on Swaylocks... Over 300 pages of testimonials, pages, pics, and advice from Mike.

no they're just arent glassed with great perfection, lighter in some areas for the coil, weird. stick with the best. al.bg.meyhem

Quote Originally Posted by Exit98Surf View Post
    Got a 5-8 megamind this summer (5-8 x 22 3/4 x 2 1/2). The summer before I got a 5-8 Coil "bloop" (sweet potato/ biscuit hybrid) that was intended as my longboard buster (5-8 x 22 x 2 3/4). I was shocked when the Megamind caught waves even easier than the bloop. Ideally, I'd want to go a little smaller, but with my age and aches, i wanted to keep it more user friendly. With a M80 and a Widerboard and Coil's quality, durability, and performance, I dont anticipate needing another board for at least 3+ years...Mike Daniel is the man!
    BTW Gaffer, at 6'2" & 190lb., I would say a 5-9 would be a good fit, 5-10 MAX

Quote Originally Posted by Exit98Surf View Post
    Also, check out the Coil Ride Reports thread on Swaylocks... Over 300 pages of testimonials, pages, pics, and advice from Mike.
    Thanks for the info man, I’ve actually read quite a bit of the Coil thread on Sway which is what finally convinced me after 17 years of surfing to get my first epoxy (which was my Qualifier), but I’m a lurker there. Same for the SurferMag forum. I do love the way that Mike Daniels gets into it. He’s really good about answering random emails from kookz like myself too. I couldn’t find that much in the Sway thread about the Megamind other than what Mike wrote. A thick 5'10" sounds like just the ticket. Wonder if I can get one of the old snake lams on it? I want mine with a royal purple deck and neon green rails. Slap a vintage Aparo/DeCarlo Joker sticker ca. 1990 on it. I was actually thinking about a Widerboard, but I have enough boards in my quiver already that fit that criteria.

I'm just easing into that "age & aches" range myself, few x-tra trips to the chiropractor these days. Poor guy always thinks that I'm a broken mess. I tell him, "you get hit by as many cars, waves and black belts as I have and tell me how you feel, I feel great." My Dad goes to the same guy (he’s my wife’s cousin), first time he adjusted my Pop the dude literally started praying over him and asking Christ to heal my father he thought he was in such bad shape. My father’s a 72 year ol beast. Body surfs with the best of them and doesn’t start wearing a wet suit until it hits the 50’s. Lifts weights 3 times a week, goes to Tai Chi and does Yoga. He and two other old boys fly around the country, wild catting NatGas (they have a crew obviously, they are old men) and staking gold claims. My Pop’s the youngest of the 3. All ex-military pilots. I hope I’m in as good a shape in 30 odd years. At least he recommends me to my 'scrip writer. I used to tell myself that it was the mileage and not the years, but then the years started catchin' up to the odometer.

“Why so serious?” ~ The Joker

Images
    Here's the price breakdown since you mentioned color: $700 for board and shipping. $30 for color under the grid area, $100 for full deck color.

Quote Originally Posted by meatloaf View Post
    garbage. snapped 4 thus far
    i'm pretty sure meatloaf is a troll. or an idiot. maybe both.