LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The thing that most people don't realize is the summer is the only time that shore towns receive an income. As a year round resident of Seaside Park I've seen since the economy tanked my town is more dead in the winter than it has ever been before. Almost all local businesses close and no one is around, this is also when most of the beach restoration happens because everytime we get pounded by a Nor'easter all the the sand from the dunes blows all over Ocean ave and the boardwalk. Having worked for the borough cleaning the beach for four years I am happy people have to pay to go on the beach because they trash the **** out of it everyday they are there. I hate having to pay for a badge to get on and getting hassled by the lifeguards as much as anyone but I've learned to just go after five o-clock when the badge checkers leave and the life guards are off duty.

Whose brainwashed??? I hear people *****ing about beach fees all the time... Like Turd said, I never pay to get on the beach.

Maybe if Cali started charging beach fees it wouldn't be so screwed financially.

Contrary to popular belief Cali isn't screwed and comes out of recessions first, but back to the subject. Beach maintenance should be a state job paid for with your state income taxes, not a beachside resort burden paid for with beach tags. You are brainwashed, because if it were really a beachside city responsibility, they could deny people access if they lived outside the city. Last time I checked NJ is the only state with beach tags, other than RI which has a couple gated beaches with fees.
    Last edited by ECkneelo; Dec 12, 2012 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ECkneelo View Post
    Contrary to popular belief Cali isn't screwed and comes out of recessions first, but back to the subject. Beach maintenance should be a state job paid for with your state income taxes, not a beachside resort burden paid for with beach tags. You are brainwashed, because if it were really a beachside city responsibility, they could deny people access if they lived outside the city. Last time I checked NJ is the only state with beach tags, other than RI which has a couple gated beaches with fees.
    almost all of long island NY town beaches have a charges during the season. and the state beaches have fees also. some state beaches charge in the winter on weekends.

the town beaches have resident passes and charge non resident and anyone with out a pass a large amount of money for the day. like 40 dollars. the state beaches require an empire pass that works for all state parks all yr or a day use fee.

I think thats fair. people who don't go to the beach shouldn't have to pay for it through income taxes. if you use the beach often buy a pass. or go early or late when they don't charge.

I find it amazing that with the incredible population density and high taxes existing in NJ the coastal towns don't have any means of supplying the basic amenities that should come with public beaches (lifeguards, trash collection, parking etc) without having to charge even more fees for people to step foot on their beaches. Also, they act like they are footing the bill for the beach replenishment when, in fact, the Army Corps of Engineers pays a large part of the expense in most cases.

I would love to hear someone come up with a "beach badge" idea down here. Oh wait, WB is overrun with transplants from higher latitudes--it will only be a matter of time.

You know what would happen if someone came up with a "beach badge" idea down there? Everyone would ***** about it. They would implement it anyway, because the politicians don't care if you *****. And after a while it would be the norm.

im not sure about the city beaches of Jersey. but the NYC beaches don't charge. the beaches that charge are either state parks, and all state parks in NYS have a fee, or smaller towns. i think the towns charge non residents more not because they don't have the means but as a deterrent to non residents to visit the beach.

either way. we're all surfers here right? we either hit it before lifeguards come on or after they come off so we don't pay. surfing at noon is bad for your skin and the winds suck. plus most beaches on Long island don't charge in foul weather or when the waves are real big. Badges don't really apply to us. i have an empire pass but its on my wife's car because she comes to the beach later.

Quote Originally Posted by ECkneelo View Post
    Dude its not a big deal, where I live its $30 for the season...who gives a flying ****!

Where is there an NYC Beach that is on the Ocean?

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Where is there an NYC Beach that is on the Ocean?
    Rockaway is nyc