LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA/CT
    Posts
    338

    Uri surfers rhode island


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    5,755
    Images
    6
    Dude, just stop surfing the same point and find some other spots, seems like you're not having any fun.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA/CT
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Dude, just stop surfing the same point and find some other spots, seems like you're not having any fun.
    Always have a great time. LOVE to have things even better. not for anything, over run with young kooks. learn some respect.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    5,755
    Images
    6
    Agree w/ ya 100%.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    At Soviet Ruggles, wave take turn for you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Stayin' Classy in San Diego
    Posts
    2,211
    Gives Gulag Archipelago a whole new meaning. Why do they call it an island if it's not an island?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Gives Gulag Archipelago a whole new meaning. Why do they call it an island if it's not an island?
    There you go bringing up a book I have INTENDED to read for about the last decade.

    I'm not sure where they got the Island part, although it is The Ocean State. Maybe they were originally referring to the island Newport sits on (isn't it called Portsmouth Island)? Who knows though, those Colonials and Swamp Yankees are their own breed.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    There you go bringing up a book I have INTENDED to read for about the last decade.

    I'm not sure where they got the Island part, although it is The Ocean State. Maybe they were originally referring to the island Newport sits on (isn't it called Portsmouth Island)? Who knows though, those Colonials and Swamp Yankees are their own breed.
    I think it was that Rhode Island referred to Aquidneck Island, where Newport and Portsmouth are, and so the state name was (and still is) "Rhode Island and Providence Plantations" - the plantations referring to the rest of the state which was predominately farmland. Old nautical charts have Aquidneck Island listed as "Rhode Island". Some years ago they reverted to the original Indian name.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    I think it was that Rhode Island referred to Aquidneck Island, where Newport and Portsmouth are, and so the state name was (and still is) "Rhode Island and Providence Plantations" - the plantations referring to the rest of the state which was predominately farmland. Old nautical charts have Aquidneck Island listed as "Rhode Island". Some years ago they reverted to the original Indian name.
    Awesome man, thanks for dropping the knowledge!

  10. #10
    What does "don't lose you knuckles" mean?