LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

American Surfer jailed in Mexico

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2012/dec/...ed-surfing-tr/

This is terrible. If you know any media that can call attention to this guys plight pass the story on. He is one of our own and surfs near my break.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2012/dec/...ed-surfing-tr/

This is terrible. If you know any media that can call attention to this guys plight pass the story on. He is one of our own and surfs near my break.
    wow that's ridiculous

he'll be the next Locked Up Abroad on national geographic. That sucks

This isn't the first place I've seen this story, it made Drudge a couple of days ago. It really sucks and I feel for the guy; but there are two questions which came to my mind the first time I read it:

1) If they were going to Costa Rica, why were they driving through Mexico?
    2) Why was he bringing a fire arm into Mexico? A 24” shotgun ain’t exactly the ideal dove gun.

Images
    The only way to drive to Costa Rica from the US would be to go through Mexico. I personally am not a pro gun person though so even though this seems completely bogus I have little sympathy, why bring a gun in the first place. Guns tend to cause problems not solve them.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RID View Post
    The only way to drive to Costa Rica from the US would be to go through Mexico. I personally am not a pro gun person though so even though this seems completely bogus I have little sympathy, why bring a gun in the first place. Guns tend to cause problems not solve them.
    if you're driving from the US to costa rica, bringing a gun is probably a good idea. never done it but i'm going to assume you'd spend a decent amount of time in sketchy areas where a gun just might save your life

Personally I would not bring a gun, but you got to remember when your driving from us to costa rica you drive through Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, three of the most dangerous places in the world "gang wise." Ms13, Latin kings, all that ****. Guy just wanted a little protection

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    2) Why was he bringing a fire arm into Mexico? A 24Ē shotgun ainít exactly the ideal dove gun.
    Because that was the gun he owned and the U.S. border patrol said he was allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by RID View Post
    I personally am not a pro gun person though so even though this seems completely bogus I have little sympathy...
    No sympathy for a U.S. citizen, plus a war vet, who was not trying to break the law ? GFYS.

Images
    i bet you would want a gun in a situation like this one....

http://www.surfermag.com/features/carjackedmexicobaja/

guns dont kill people, people kill people.