LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fierce Heart and Eddie Would Go by Coleman.

Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions! This list should keep me busy for a while

For surf fiction I have a favorite. Tapping the Source by Kem Nunn. Its an incredible story of an inland kid learning to surf while searching for his missing sister at Huntington Beach, complete,with dangerous surf punks, bikers, sex and drugs . He also wrote Dogs of winter and Tijuana Straights. I cannot recommend these books enough.

I recommend "Surf Is Where You Find It" by Gerry Lopez

Morning Glass by Mike Doyle is a good one
    High Surf by Tim Baker (or any of his numerous other books)
    And I'll second the recommendations of The Wave by Susan Casey and Saltwater Buddha by Jaimal Yogis (sp?)
    I haven't read captain zero but heard that its a really good one so its on the list

'The Day of the Dolphin' by Robert Merle
    This book is one of The Must-Reads In Your Lifetime.

(almost xmas again, kidz)

Quote Originally Posted by jpodz View Post
    For surf fiction I have a favorite. Tapping the Source by Kem Nunn. Its an incredible story of an inland kid learning to surf while searching for his missing sister at Huntington Beach, complete,with dangerous surf punks, bikers, sex and drugs . He also wrote Dogs of winter and Tijuana Straights. I cannot recommend these books enough.

I was gonna say that, right on!

the Jeff Hakman story is good too. it is not fiction however

Images
    Bruno & Boots: This Can't be Happening at McDonnald Hall by Gordon Korman......no surfing but a Canadian classic that mimics the freedom and reclessness of youth and surfing.

Caught Inside by Duane, Daniel is a decent read. I got a thing for that coast anyways. But he tries too hard to be descriptive aboot plants and birds. And any SI member will TOTALLY relate to his story. It's full of tales, man, tales. One day he's pearling on two footers, the next he's tackling mackers. But it's a nice book.

Oh man he was the greatest when he used to pen articles for SURFER......all of them entailed a whine session aboot him finding a woman. LOL He was so lonely !! LOL

Images
    LOL'ing at the LOL...I was a little disappointed in West of Jesus, thought the book had a lot of potential, and definitely covered some good stuff, but the end left much to be desired in my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    LOL'ing at the LOL...I was a little disappointed in West of Jesus, thought the book had a lot of potential, and definitely covered some good stuff, but the end left much to be desired in my opinion...
    Agree SS. Salt water Buddha was the better of the two.