Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Surf Movies

Images

Surf Movies

For those of you who watch/collect them, what is your favorite surf movie(s) of all time and why?
    I've been on a binge of watching and rewatching all the movies i own and its been getting me really stoked. I haven't got any new ones in awhile and it's almost Christmas so......
    Anyway, out of the movies I own, my favorite movie of all time is Thicker than Water. Between the incredible footage and soundtrack, it is just incredible. I get the chills every time I watch it. Just curious to what y'alls favorite is.

Quiksilver's Cheap and Deep. It was low budget for Quiksilver, and very mid nineties. Used to watch it nonstop with my brother growing up. Anyone know where I can get a copy of this? Don't mind paying for it, but haven't been able to find anything when I look online.

As far as newer surf movies, 0000 ("Year Zero" by Globe) is awesome. They got the best/heaviest waves I've seen for recent films. Plus cool non-surf moments.
    Modern Collective has the most radical surfing and a sick soundtrack - life changing when I saw it.
    Lost Atlas sucks but Dear Suburbia was pretty straight. Same with the new Jodry film. I didn't buy it though cuz you could watch it once for free and that's all I really need.
    For older ones, try Secret Machine, Lost Redux and Loose Change

Images
    #1: Shelter - Sick video work, great music, perfect soul surfer film with great surfers.
    #2: Second Thoughts - Need I say more? The goat? Indo? Timmy Turner and some ridiculous waves... Not to mention the final wave of the film, about a minute long barrel. Longest tube ive ever seen on film. EVER.
    #3: Hit and Run - My room mate used to have this film. Not the best film, but for about 2 years in 2003-2005 I would watch it on VHS like 5 times per day. Once before bed and again in the morning every day while i got my boards ready... Sick punk/fast paced music... Best film to get amped up to surf every day...

1. anything from taylor steele
    2. point break

distant 3. All of the rest

Sorry we're open

point break, shelter, and any early irons bro movie

"Dark Fall"..epitomizes the east coast surfer.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Laird's acting coach View Post
    "Dark Fall"..epitomizes the east coast surfer.
    I really need to actually watch dark fall again. i was hooking up with a girl while watching that at her house....hahaha.
    P.S. Laird's acting coach is a great name haha

In chronological order...

Endless Summer, Five Summer Stories, Innermost Limits of Pure Fun, Focus, September Sessions, Glass Love, Singlefin Yellow, Sprout, Sipping Jetstreams, The Present