LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Surf Movies

my fav is 5'5x19 1/4 redux lost.great surfers,super long movie,has everything from chris ward,beschens,10yr slater,n everyboody else.also lost across america,lost whats really goin wrong,classic surfin from the 90s era.
    burn quiksilver movie,everything from slater to mark healy.i go for the surf flix that actually show paddlin surfin,rather than trick after trick and cant even tell where ya at!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    my fav is 5'5x19 1/4 redux lost.great surfers,super long movie,has everything from chris ward,beschens,10yr slater,n everyboody else.also lost across america,lost whats really goin wrong,classic surfin from the 90s era.
    Yeah agree with that those ...Lost movies are all excellent. "Whats Really Goin Wrong" especially.
    Burning the Map is on my list.

bustin down the door also great.highwater is a film about the triple crown.north shore is pretty cool.never saw dark fall,looks good in the intro but i wouldnt pay to see waves i see all year long.the films in tahiti,mexico,europe those are the good ones.and the drive through series,benj weatherly is hilarious.eastside theory is good if your into eastcoast.

The Seedling
    The Presant
    One California Day
    Riding Giants
    Poylester

I haven't seen Single Fin Yellow but is on my list

1. Shelter - All the best pro's staying in one house surfing together
    2. Step Into Liquid - Pure stoke and Cortez
    3. Drive Thru - any of them
    4. Medication - Full movie of rail surfing that would make Curren proud, Taylor Knox is the sh!t
    5. Momentum 2 - Great soundtrack and sick next gen post new skool surfing

I've watched Style Masters many, many times... with the narration. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by huuor View Post
    Can't believe no one has mentioned "Morning of the Earth" yet - by far #1...surfing, vibe, music...all time...
    Yea... you're right. Missed that one. Right around the time of Innermost Limits, but with that distinct backwoods Aussie 70's vibe. The only thing that I don't like is all the slow-mo... just too much of a good thing, IMO. But good call.

Images
    speaking of all these movies. Matt (Moderator) posted a link a couple years ago of some random surf movie website, where literally, every surf movie was available to download in .avi format. It was up for about a month then the site got taken down, but I stocked up on pretty much everything. Got every drive thru ever made, all the quik movies... I seriously burned like 25 movies off that site then poof.... it vanished....

Anyone know if this site still exists under some different URL? It was pretty useful.

My memory is a little vague, but I remember as a kid in the early 80s going to screenings of surf movies at a warehouse in Long Branch. I think it was the Water Borne warehouse. I think one of the flicks was "Blazing Boards," but again a little foggy. Was such a part of the surf experience, all the hooting and the funny smelling smoke in the back of the room. Current movies, a bit out of the loop but do have "Dark Fall," "Riding Giants," and "Waveriders" in heavy rotation on the Ipad during the commute.

Thicker Than Water is my favorite. I know its kinda old but I still go back and watch it. It's just one of those movies that's like awesome and tranquil and super well done (from the music and filming aspect imho).

Also I know that Lords of Dogtown is more of skate movie but I love how they incorporate surfing into it bc of the similar roots..