LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,434
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Yeah, ive been looking for local stuff since I opened up a restaurant/bar down here. I currently carry Palmetto IPA, Lager and Amber (Out of Charleston), as well as RJ Rocker Patriot Ale (RJ ROCKER is out of the columbia area I think)... But the main local stuff down here is sweetwater etc. Out of Atlanta, which isnt very local...

    But seriously, if you guys can put me onto some solid local beers from SC, I will try them out and get them in my bar this week. Ive been looking local for a few months without tons of luck... Random sh** that no one knows of doesn't really sell unless its outstanding and I can get the staff behind it.
    Well, Westbrook is brewed in Mount Pleasant (Charleston) and COAST is out of North Charleston. Local always sells in the vacation spots here. I know our burger joints on the islands blow through Westbrook IPA quickly. The owners are my close friends, if you ever need some info. Palmetto is our oldest brewery in Charleston, but their beer is so-so. They make an excellent espresso porter, and the pale ale sells well. Palmetto is pretty popular in SC, just because they have been around forever. Advintage distributes Westbrook, so I know you should be able to get it. They also distribute COAST, but you have to get on a waiting list for their beer. They are very small and have trouble keeping up with demand. The owner is a surfer, so you would probably get along with him. Where is your restaurant going to be?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,434

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,169
    With ya on Dogfish Head 90. I practically own stock, I buy so much of that stuff.

    Also, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter from Great lakes Brewing Co. That's a world-class concoction to get through these long winter nights.

    Lee....ever check out the 7-11 on 39th St? Hard to believe it's a 7-11, the guy has a great range of seriously good beers.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    I'm going to go to the Fat Pelican in CB and see how many I can drink.
    Fatty P's has all of these brews, including Delirium Tremens. If you're trying to get down on some 420, Sea Witch has it on tap.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island - OB, SD
    Posts
    3,928
    Images
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Well, Westbrook is brewed in Mount Pleasant (Charleston) and COAST is out of North Charleston. Local always sells in the vacation spots here. I know our burger joints on the islands blow through Westbrook IPA quickly. The owners are my close friends, if you ever need some info. Palmetto is our oldest brewery in Charleston, but their beer is so-so. They make an excellent espresso porter, and the pale ale sells well. Palmetto is pretty popular in SC, just because they have been around forever. Advintage distributes Westbrook, so I know you should be able to get it. They also distribute COAST, but you have to get on a waiting list for their beer. They are very small and have trouble keeping up with demand. The owner is a surfer, so you would probably get along with him. Where is your restaurant going to be?
    Our restaurant is right on the water at the end of the bridge going onto Hilton Head.... its the 10,000 square foot waterfront monster with a boat slip.... if you are familiar with the area. The one with the giant shrimp boat at the pier right now.

  6. #26
    Finally someone is doing something with that restaraunt thats been vacant forever. I go to school in Charleston but Im here for christmas. Washout is definitely better than Burkes any type of swell except for the high angled North/NE swells. Usually goes right past Folly Beach and hits HHi better. Washout is a zoo though, Youll feel right at home coming from SD but Im telling you, Ive seen 50 guys out there on waist high days recently (booties and fullsuits), all shortboarders though so thats a welcome change from HHI's endless longboards/SUPs

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,434
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Our restaurant is right on the water at the end of the bridge going onto Hilton Head.... its the 10,000 square foot waterfront monster with a boat slip.... if you are familiar with the area. The one with the giant shrimp boat at the pier right now.
    I am not that familiar with the area, as I have only spent time at the beachfront. Are you in the Boathouse? That is the only area I know of on the back side of the island.
    I spent 5 months as a beer buyer and event coordinator at a local beer store/restaurant, so if you ever need beer suggestions, let me know. I have some experience with moving draft products.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I am not that familiar with the area, as I have only spent time at the beachfront. Are you in the Boathouse? That is the only area I know of on the back side of the island.
    I spent 5 months as a beer buyer and event coordinator at a local beer store/restaurant, so if you ever need beer suggestions, let me know. I have some experience with moving draft products.
    He's talking about on the mainland just when you leave the island on the left

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island - OB, SD
    Posts
    3,928
    Images
    26
    Yup, that's us... Opposite of the boat house on the other side of the bridge. We are technically a HHI address and zip code (political nonsense) but we took over the old Sea Trawler and opened up a month ago.... Place is ENORMOUS! 10,000sq ft. and we can seat upwards of 500 people on 4 different level. We rennovated the whole downstairs (outside) and made waterfront seating for about 100. We have the Main DR that holds about 300, a third level above that is capable of about 40 more people with a VIP room on the 4th floor with panoramic elevated HHI/Water views that holds about 20 people.... Mobile bars out on the pier/dock...

    but so far, we have been killing it. If you are a local, stop in and check out the locals only menu i made for the bar... best deal in the county....

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Crystal Coast,N.C.
    Posts
    399
    Images
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    You'll be fine getting a Cadillac 4/3. I just got a Drylock but still have not worn it yet since it hasn't gotten cold enough. Get a hooded vest for the really cold days to keep your core a little warmer and you should be fine.

    Yep......Most you will need is a 4/3. I do the same with the hooded vest. 5mm on the hands and feet. I'm in my 3/2 with 3 on the hands and feet till the water gets below 45.