LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

Santa Anas are comin to town

Jon Coleman is calling for Santa Anas tomorrow afternoon. Sun is supposed to come out.

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!

Images
    did it clean up in the afternoon today?

Yep, I paddled out right at 3:50PM. Got an hour of OH+ before the sun went down. Wind didn't pick up though.

was good up here in cbad too. Head high, sunny warm!

Merry Christmas..

Kind of a crossed up swell, coming out of WNW for the sets and the bumps coming more from the WSW. I bet it's super clean in the morning tomorrow. I'm not gonna make it out for the AM set. Gotta go punch the ticker. Gonna be West Coast chilly tomorrow AM. Was 40 this mornin, broke out the leather jacket on the way into work. Water was ok in a 3:2 though. No slurpee head.

Images
    chest to shoulder high with virtually no wind most of the day up here in lala land. water at 56. brrr. still. a good day...view wasn't bad ....catalina out to sea and mt baldy with snow inland, both crystal clear...swell is dropping though....2 ft by fri....but still clean till afternoon.
    Last edited by spongedude; Dec 20, 2012 at 09:30 AM. Reason: hands still frozen. can't type

Hi Spongedude! Cold water and a dropping swell down this way too. Looked a lot smaller this morning, but cleaner. Water was real dirty yesterday, had to use a saline spray and rinse the ears out with hydrogen peroxide.

Images
    Sniff Sniff... Tearing up reading this thread... Enjoy fellas =( A photog friend of mine sent me a pic of Seaside reef two days ago labeled "Seaside Misses You"... Bastard!