LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    All of trestles is a cobblestone reef break... You could call it a beach break, but to me its a classic california rock reef. The cobblestones make it what it is and the river-mouth that lets the sand collect on them. The cobblestones are not sharp at all, but I will be damned if I dont slip and almost break an ankle on those damn things everything i walk back in from a session there.

Images
    All of trestles is a cobblestone reef break... You could call it a beach break, but to me its a classic california rock reef. The cobblestones make it what it is and the river-mouth that lets the sand collect on them. The cobblestones are not sharp at all, but I will be damned if I dont slip and almost break an ankle on those damn things everything i walk back in from a session there.

But its not a point break either... Many refer to the San Clemente area as point, but its not a true point at all...

Ohh, my 2 cents of the day with regards to trestles that ALWAYS bugs me, is that the break itself is in SAN DIEGO county, not San Clemente like everyone from Surfer Magazine to Surfline refers to it as being in OC... When you park by lowers and take the trail down, you can look directly north and see the Exact "WELCOME TO OC" sign which is a couple hundred yards north and heading south from OC you will see "WELCOME TO SAN DIEGO COUNTY" almost half a mile north of where the surf break actual is located. its the exact county line.... Lower Trestles is in fact in San Diego County... Albeit far from Oceanside or any SD town, it is NOT in Orange County... =)

Images
    Plus it breaks both ways. What point breaks both ways?
    Rights and lefts at matunuck, but I guess thats another cobblestone reef as opposed to a textbook point.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    http://local.msn.com/travel/slidesho...ntid=252817657

Now this is a much more interesting beach article....
    My beaches made that list LOL Volusia County

Images
    Jaws and hanalei made it but not pipe or waimea? what gives?

Images
    Wow, didn't actually read the article until just now. Absolutely retarded.

that list sucks, just like the surfer top 100 list sucked... pavones was 98, s-turns was 99. No way those places are even in the same league. Maybe like 6 times a year...

Images
    Looks like it was written by a hollister employee. So much bull****.

16th street Cocoa Beach awesome beach break and when breaking outside 100 yard lefts and rights.

Impacting the coast Jesus

Wayne

Best part is Free Surfboards kids 7-17

haha nope, but it made the 8th most dangerous beach b/c of all the dead bodies. awesome!