LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toe in's

Images

Toe in's

Are you allowed to do tow in's any where around here or is it illegal everywere?

Images
    I have done tow-at's on assateague before if that's what you mean. Doesn't really get big enough to tow in around here. Saw a few guys doing them at the Reef Comp in OCMD before.

Images
    not really in delmarva. there is some law in ocean city that you have to have skis so far away from anyone. There are some places where you can get away with it. Having said that, I've done some tow-ats at an undisclosed location.

ive know ppl who do them out in the shoals, ive been out there and checked out the surf b4 but never actually bothered to get in the water..... its weird out there, its like monster hole in florida but not very good.

i know of one place around here to do them. seen them done there and have done them once in cali.

Images
    Sounds like someone just saw the new ROAM bodyboard DVD. Those are some sick nasty tows!!

Images

I believe. . .

. . . correct terminology is "Tow in" as opposed to being pigeon toed with a "toe in." And what's the point? Laird does tow in because the waves he rides generally can't be caught by a standard paddle in. I've been around here for what seems like an eon, and I've NEVER seen that kind of size. You have to go to Mavericks or Cortez Bank or Maui or Oahu for that kind of size.

Standard water protocol requires watercraft to be at least 60 ft from a ski or wakeboard rider, and even then the rider is supposed to have a pfd on. This time of year I don't imagine OC authorities would really care, or even notice, but summer is a different story to be sure, and rightfully so. Who needs just so much extra shrapnel in the impact zone?
    Last edited by MDSurfer; Mar 26, 2008 at 02:04 AM.

Images
    i think the guy was asking about tow at's which I have only ever seen bodyboarders do. Just a fun way to boost some crazy air even on small days

Images
    tow in's are the new paddling see every one at the wedge

Images
    I was thinking about how you get pulled into the wave to get air and i would do it at assateague.