LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advice - 360 airs...

Hey guys, I think I need some help. When Im out surfing 23 footers in Jersey, I have a problem with my airs. Im heading down the face, faster than you go, and I blast an air. Get good height and sweet rotation. I land it perfectly.... everytime. But just as I land I feel myself trying to look like I land that sh#t everytime. I just can't help myself from trying to make it look like Im the man and everyone should know it.
    But sometimes I feel bad that all you kooks in the lineup start to feel inadequate. I guess maybe its because of how I try to make it look like when I pull them, its just another bottom turn, no biggie.
    So how can I help eveyone in the lineup not feel like a beginner when Im out?

Images
    Wave to them mid-spin.

Jerz.jpg

This may help

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroevol View Post
    Jerz.jpg

This may help
    Oh Im so ordering this! then Im going to comment on how it doesnt explain it correctly!

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Oh Im so ordering this! then Im going to comment on how it doesnt explain it correctly!
    That just cracked me up, thanks!!

To make me seem like less of an a-hole when I perform similar moves I usually go up to each surfer and offer to give them a little push to help get them into the next wave. I explain that a little extra nudge will really help them out, and they seem super appreciative of the offer. You should certainly try this approach.

Sometimes I let my hair get wet to let them know I'm human too

Are you on a SUP? You could twirl, throw and catch the paddle like a baton as you are in mid air. That would be so impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroevol View Post
    Jerz.jpg

This may help
    Maybe the greatest Post on the SI Forum in the history of the world. That is just gangbusters stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    Are you on a SUP? You could twirl, throw and catch the paddle like a baton as you are in mid air. That would be so impressive.
    Usually not, but I have seen a guy on one who twirls his paddle as he goes down the line, it's uber gaye