LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Winter Solstice Swell, December 21, 2012

2. that video doesnt do the surf from today any justice ... when shooting from the beach get a damn tripod ... and that music was absolutely horrendous ... i couldnt watch more then 30 seconds of it, sorry

Although I do feel bad for what happened in CT ... RIP ...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stayabovetheweather View Post
    that video doesnt do the surf from today any justice ... when shooting from the beach get a damn tripod ... and that music was absolutely horrendous ... i couldnt watch more then 30 seconds of it, sorry

Although I do feel bad for what happened in CT ... RIP ...
    That was a little harsh... You drove him to delete the video. Not exactly staying above the weather

i would like to see this

Most people are not pro video editors or film makers. Why put such a high standard on someone making a gopro video of a session? Take it for what it is. I think they are actually easier to watch then average surfers getting filmed from the beach. You get to see how much better the pros are than the rest of us from the beach shots. One big crit I had was the inclusion of the shooters name with the poor victims.

Images
    I enjoy Ryan's videos he makes some decent ones...@stayabovetheweather, dont be a hater, dont see your vids on here brotha!!!

I would never delete a video based on somebody's criticism. Yes, it was shaky, yes the music may suck. But I woke up Saturday morning thinking it may have not been the best thing to include the killer and his mother in the list of people I was thinking of while surfing that day....

https://vimeo.com/56256946

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Oh, and I never try to justify a swell based on filming for the love of it. The only way to justify a swell is to surf it, that is if you have the means, the capability, and the balls/ovaries to do it.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7 View Post
    I would never delete a video based on somebody's criticism. Yes, it was shaky, yes the music may suck. But I woke up Saturday morning thinking it may have not been the best thing to include the killer and his mother in the list of people I was thinking of while surfing that day....
    https://vimeo.com/56256946
    Sorry if I offended anyone.
    Ryan

Glad to hear it, Ryan. It looks like I will be living vicariously through your videos (& others) as I work through a surf-related injury I suffered on thanksgiving. Please keep sharing!
    & not to turn this into a political debate, but I think that thinking about the shooter & his mother is an absolutely appropriate thing to do. We have to think about him, but not to an extent that overshadows the victims, in order to begin to understand what drove him to do such a thing & why his mother was unable or unwilling to do something tok prevent it. As long as we remember the victims more than the killer, it's ok. The perpetrators of past mass killings have gotten far too much attention, becoming infamous rather than forgotten.
    Climbing off my soapbox now, thanks again for posting & reposting your videos! Always fun to watch!

Hey Ryan.. There is error in this video. Please check it again and post it here...
    I wanna see this.

Hey Ryan.. There is error in this video. Please check it again and post it here...
    I wanna see this.

plagiarismsoftware.org/
    Last edited by alexemil5; Mar 3, 2014 at 04:37 AM.