LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    i know 99% of the people in this post have and love the 7mm excel dry lock booties but i was wondering if there is a second choice 7mm booties ones that are split toe instead of round toe. I have 5mm quiksilver ignite booties and im starting to get a little cold here in ny and im looking for good 7mm booties but rather a split toe. is there any recommendations for 7mm split toe booties? or is there no difference with board control and cutting and carving on waves with round toe oppose to split toe in the winter?

the control you gain with split toe will cancel out with the heat you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    the control you gain with split toe will cancel out with the heat you lose.
    so your saying i should get the 7mm xcel infiniti drylock round toe booties?

Yo, when I was a kid my mother would put wonder bread bags over our socks before we put our crappyass rubber boots on to go out in the snow. It helped with the waterproofing issue, but also made em really easy to take off. Reading this thread I started wondering if that would work with wetsuit booties. Anybody ever try that?

jake- do yourself a favor and just buy xcel 7's

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    jake- do yourself a favor and just buy xcel 7's

How much of a difference is split toe and round toe in warmth and heat?i think I found a xcel 7mm Infiniti dry lock that is split toe and I want to know if round toe is much warmer and its better that then split toe and better control.

is the excel infinti drylock 7mm booties better than the 7mm Quiksilver Cypher Biofleece Round Toe Booties
    http://www.cleanlinesurf.com/product...e-Booties.html

8. I only use Xcel round toe boots. 7 mil Drylock starting in January. I also use the hot socks whenever I wear any thickness boot -- they slide on and off my feet with ease.

xcel 7mm dont come in split toe

i have had and destroyed(in a season) the 7mm drylock excels after paying 60.00 retail for em, they lasted less time than my oneill heat 7mm from 4 years ago. There is a leak in each boot that is significant enough to take an hour off my session water time, yet i cannot find it to fix it. decent bootie, comfortable enough, but didnt last well enough to justify another purchase. Just got some quik cypher 7mm booties from jackssurf for...25 dollas and they feel fantastic and they're very simply designed... something that I think will come in handy when they require repair. and round toes all day, easier to put on, quicker dry, and most importantly considerably warmer