LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

California Colleges?

I'm starting the college process and have my heart set on California. I know that the cal state school's are nearly impossible to get in to if you live out of state. So my question is does anyone know/have any experience with private schools out there that are willing to take out of state students?

Images
    Point Loma Nazarene. #1 school for surfing in the USA. But zero tolerance on alcohol and drug use.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Point Loma Nazarene. #1 school for surfing in the USA. But zero tolerance on alcohol and drug use.
    no cars for your first year either...
    you might also want to check out hawaii. they're actually trying to get more out of state students in

If your main intention is surfing, I'd look into some of the UC's, like santa cruz, santa barbara, or san deigo.. I'm on the same boat. Looking into colleges and will not budge from my plan of going to california..

Or move to Cali after high school, get a low pay job for a year while you surf, to establish residency, then apply as a resident. Any buddies you could bunk with for a year?

what do your parents say??

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    what do your parents say??
    LOL

Try University o San Diego USD the Torreros.

I was in my room and I was just like staring at the wall thinking about everything, but then again I was thinking about nothing. And then my mom came in, and I didn't even know she was there. She called my name and I didn't hear her and then she started screaming “Mike, Mike!” And I go “what? What's the matter?” She goes “what's the matter with you?” I go “there's nothing wrong, mom.” Shes all “don't tell me that! You're on drugs!” I go “no mom, I'm not on drugs. I'm ok, I'm just thinking, you know? Why don't you get me a Pepsi?” She goes “No! You're on drugs!” I go “mom, I'm ok. I'm just thinking.” She goes “No! You're not thinking, you're on drugs! Normal people don't be acting that way!” I go “mom, just get me a Pepsi! Please, all I want is a Pepsi!” And she wouldn't give it to me! All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi, and she wouldn't give it to me! Just a Pepsi!

Images
    University of San Diego is a good rec. You should try UCSB, UCSC, and UCSD. You can do the community college thing for a year and then transfer to a UC school. That way you can get residency.