LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Spent the holiday week surfing waist-to-shoulder high, meaty waves in Punta de Mita area, and came back to this crap. If I had any idea it was going to be this bad I would have cancelled my ticket and found a way to stay in Mexico for another week

Volunteered to go to California on business for 10 weeks. My phone hasn't rang yet but they usually let you know these things last minute. I forgot how much I hate winter here during flat spells.

Seems like the flat spells about to come to an end toward this upcoming weekend where I'm at.

Why is it so flat? Even in the summer we had knee high swells, and everyone always told me hurricane season and winter are the best times to go surfing on the east coast(I am new here). Is it because Sandy destroyed the breaks or something? It's gulf-level flat.

OMG I can't get out of here soon enough.. only thing worse would be grey skies, drizzle and flat!! ireland.surf.JPG

"It's as flat as a witches tit!"
    The surf and atmosphere has dropped and has become boring!
    This Surf is as flat as a witches tit! And that "biatch" is pretty flat!

Next Sunday looks to be great, cross your fingers. Forecast 6 foot 16 sec

No, 10'/20sec. Might as well pick a Superbowl winner, too.
    Don't you know every time someone mentions a bump in the 14 day forecast or something it just declines the chances of having any waves at all. No to mention it takes away opportunity for surprise and near misses later.
    When I open the forecast and see swell 7 days out, I break into light sweat, swallow, slowly turn around making sure no one else saw what I just did and quickly put the screen away. Then, only once a day I look a the forecast (once, not twice! That's crucial if the stars are to line up and swell works) and not say a word to anyone. Ideally, not look at the forum either and read the 'waxing my gun' and 'firing up the jet ski' posts.
    Then when something does show up, I get out, stay in as long as I can and tell people regardless of how it was that it was 'kinda good' and that 'we should be having something coming soon'.
    I advise you to do the same and not look into next f$%^& Sunday.