LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Since this thread has meandered a bit from the OP (meandering....it's what we do here) I'll toss three more into the winter ring of readership:

'Dispatches' by Michael Herr........the Vietnam War in a nutshell

'The Short Happy life of Francis Macomber' by Ernest Hemingway ........ the artist, Papa, and the story

'The Art of Racing in the Rain' by Garth Stein ..... love dogs? this is cover-to-cover hard to put down once you start

Enjoy

Images
    Definitely gonna check out The Art of Racing in the Rain...dogs are so much cooler than humans.

Nunn's second book is "Tijuana Straights" and is a great read. His third is "Dogs of Winter" and both of them are deep and dark with surfing being a theme through the book, but the stories are powerful and the character development intense. I call these books "surf noir." Love them! All for a few Perfect Waves was a great read, and Captain Zero was super fun, as much for the drug-running stories as anything else. Eddie Would Go is a must read as well.

Jamail Yogis, The author of "Saltwater Buddha" (which was very good) has a new book out this week that I really want to read called "The Fear Project."It's billed as en exploration of fear in the human mind, it's evolution, etc. through the lense of his own experience, including paddling out at Maverick's, etc. Pretty psyched to read it.

Images
    killer angels by j shaara

do u like litertaure ir just any ole shiznit?

The Wave by Susan Casey is great and I second the recommendation for Kook. So good I had to read it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by ragdolling View Post
    Jamail Yogis, The author of "Saltwater Buddha" (which was very good) has a new book out this week that I really want to read called "The Fear Project."It's billed as en exploration of fear in the human mind, it's evolution, etc. through the lense of his own experience, including paddling out at Maverick's, etc. Pretty psyched to read it.

Thanks for flagging 'The Fear Project.' Just checked out the early reviews & ordered it.
    Looking forward to the read.

Images
    Check out Ghost Wave by Chris Dixon - it's a well written history of Cortez Bank with a deeper dive into the mind of the big wave surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    ...dogs are so much cooler than humans.
    Without a doubt.

Thunderhead - Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Great book for the beach.