Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Images
    Sick! Thanks brother. I appreciate your kind words and support.

MattyB,
    I will definitely check this out as well. Thanks bro.

Anyone for some science fiction? You should check out the "Spin" trilogy my Robert Charles Wilson, or anything by Arthur C. Clarke. The "Rama" series in particular.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SJerzSrfr View Post
    MattyB,
    I will definitely check this out as well. Thanks bro.
    Thanks man. I have been blessed with really good reviews and I have gotten great feedback from dudes in and out of unit saying, "my family understands me a little better now." Ultimate compliment. And with people spreading the word, hopefully we will get the attention of a bigger distributor, to get the book in all book stores, and help veterans of all generations.

Ghost Wave-About Cortes Bank
    Surfings Greatest Misadventures-Great collection; includes halarious story of two guys trying to tow in with a boston whaler in Mexico

don't know if it has been said yet but The Wave, by Susan Casey is a very good book not only about big wave surfing but the big waves themselves.

In Search Of Captain Zero... Cosmic Banditos... Can't You Get Along With Anyone? are all great books by A.C. Wiesbecker.

I also really like Into The Wild, On The Road and Catcher In The Rye...

All very similar books. Social deviants/misfits. Looking for their place in life, judging others (sometimes harshly), all in 1st person narrative form. Having some sort of "adventure" in them.

Images
    Holy ****, 6 pages and Emasshole hasn't chimed in. Oh that's right, he only writes novels doesn't read.

Yes, in the middle of crazy for the storm and I second that, good read.

Quote Originally Posted by ukelelesurf View Post
    Crazy for the Storm is an amazing surf related book

Captain Zero is great too

Quote Originally Posted by delawaredell View Post
    Holy ****, 6 pages and Emasshole hasn't chimed in. Oh that's right, he only writes novels doesn't read.

Yes, in the middle of crazy for the storm and I second that, good read.
    Ho brah, out of the mouths of all the semi-lurker babes these days. I read plenty there chippah. You don't intuit a lexicon as I have by keeping closed eyes to the page. Sometimes the SI crew needs to be left to incubate. I've had a gnarl day with affairs to square tail up and also just charged some delightful chop the last couple hours here. Was also waiting to remember the titles of the surf reads that are on my to-buy list before posting up here.

You buggahs neva happy! I give you the gift of missing me and you start fiending for my discombobulated literary works. Poor yankme over there broke out in cold sweats and started speaking in tongues before the wardens strapped him down and pumped him full of intravenous naltrexone to hasten the withdrawal. It's a crime to make that turkey go cold!

You brahs are doing just fine today in my intermittent absence. Keep up the good work!!

Mattyb -
    #1 - thanks for your service.
    #2 - thanks for writing.
    #3 - Just ordered the book.

Second that Matt, just ordered your book!

Thank you for your years of service to our country!

Next beer on me post session.

Ryan