Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Treasure Island , FL
    Posts
    351
    It could be worse, they could make a living promoting motorized surfboards. [/QUOTE]

    Hey don't talk about Cory Lopez like that.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,065
    Images
    5
    I'm getting to the point I'd walk thru some scorpions to get some waves!
    That's true, I would gladly be back with the scorpions right about now.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by meatloaf View Post
    I bet your heading to the gym in a few mins too, huh. who buys people like this a surfboard?
    Yep just benched 350 (pieces not pounds) and afterward I elbowed an old lady in the face because she said she was related to you... Take it easy guy... I was joking... about Machado... still thought the move was lame though...

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gtown TEXAS BABY!
    Posts
    62
    I was supposed to be in ES 1/3-1/8 for my birthday but my passport was DENIED! I'm going to get it eventually and still have my plane tic. I'm so jonesing for that place!! The waves have been no bueno in Gtown. Good to know about the scrops! We have them in Texas but not in my area. Check out where I'm headed - totally stoked! the waves look saweet! Even better - someone else is footing the bill just had to pay for airfare.... It's gonna be BEAST!

    http://www.esencianativa.com/

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    LOl. We had surf everyday in El Salvador and although I loved the trip by the end I was going out for one session a day as opposed to the first few days when we would do 2 or 3 go outs. Once you get the goods for a few days you just want to hang back a bit. It didnt help that our room was on the top of a cliff with 190 steps to the beach and another 190 on the way up sometimes, boiling hot with scorpions, lol.

  5. #25
    It comes down to jealousy. I am jealous of Rob's hair. I'm 50 and the follicles just aren't there anymore. He can have the free-soul living. i just want the hair. Damn him!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gtown TEXAS BABY!
    Posts
    62
    You missed my earlier post that's exactly what I said "y'all are just jealous of his fro" lol hell I'm a girl got long hair but not like that! I'm even jealous of the fro!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChavezYChavez View Post
    It comes down to jealousy. I am jealous of Rob's hair. I'm 50 and the follicles just aren't there anymore. He can have the free-soul living. i just want the hair. Damn him!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    1,989
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleToes View Post
    I was supposed to be in ES 1/3-1/8 for my birthday but my passport was DENIED! I'm going to get it eventually and still have my plane tic. I'm so jonesing for that place!! The waves have been no bueno in Gtown. Good to know about the scrops! We have them in Texas but not in my area. Check out where I'm headed - totally stoked! the waves look saweet! Even better - someone else is footing the bill just had to pay for airfare.... It's gonna be BEAST!

    http://www.esencianativa.com/
    I know you're a girl and probably trying really hard to be cool with the guys but I think you may have watched too much teenage mutant ninja turtles or surf ninjas growing up.

    You can talk normal, we'll still like you.

  8. #28
    just checked the surf.double over toe. water mid 40s.kinda makes it hard to feel sorry for the him .never met the guy but I think the movie is tryin to say sometimes you have to step outside your comfort zone to see things a different way.anyway im sure hes a genuine guy .plus gotta respect the fro!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gtown TEXAS BABY!
    Posts
    62
    I am cool with the guys and uber glad you will still like me if I talk differently but that is how I really do talk - esp when I'm excited (not stoked?) about a surf trip. Drives my boss insane when I say awesomeness.... LOL I will try to watch my "grammer." Better?

    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    I know you're a girl and probably trying really hard to be cool with the guys but I think you may have watched too much teenage mutant ninja turtles or surf ninjas growing up.

    You can talk normal, we'll still like you.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    508
    I have to disagree with most of you. Sure, pro surfers get to travel a lot and surf perfect waves. They also sacrifice time with family, relationships, stability, etc. Anyone here who has traveled a lot can probably relate at least a little bit, especially we military folk who get uprooted every year or so and never get to experience a more permanent community. Sure, Rob has enjoyed the things that the rest of us dream about, but he has also sacrificed some of the things we take for granted. I for one enjoy listening to his genuine stuff, though I am sure the surf industry filters and changes a lot of it to raise profits...just my two cents.

    Oh, and I would have to agree with those who attest to his reputation. A friend of mine lives near Cardiff and has come across Rob a few times with nothing but good things to say about him. Pro surfers basically sell their soul the moment they sign a big contract, just like a big rock band. You can cry "sellout" or just accept the person for who he is: another guy who deals with the harsh realities of life, just like the rest of us.