LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I am cool with the guys and uber glad you will still like me if I talk differently but that is how I really do talk - esp when I'm excited (not stoked?) about a surf trip. Drives my boss insane when I say awesomeness.... LOL I will try to watch my "grammer." Better?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    I know you're a girl and probably trying really hard to be cool with the guys but I think you may have watched too much teenage mutant ninja turtles or surf ninjas growing up.

You can talk normal, we'll still like you.

I have to disagree with most of you. Sure, pro surfers get to travel a lot and surf perfect waves. They also sacrifice time with family, relationships, stability, etc. Anyone here who has traveled a lot can probably relate at least a little bit, especially we military folk who get uprooted every year or so and never get to experience a more permanent community. Sure, Rob has enjoyed the things that the rest of us dream about, but he has also sacrificed some of the things we take for granted. I for one enjoy listening to his genuine stuff, though I am sure the surf industry filters and changes a lot of it to raise profits...just my two cents.

Oh, and I would have to agree with those who attest to his reputation. A friend of mine lives near Cardiff and has come across Rob a few times with nothing but good things to say about him. Pro surfers basically sell their soul the moment they sign a big contract, just like a big rock band. You can cry "sellout" or just accept the person for who he is: another guy who deals with the harsh realities of life, just like the rest of us.

I was pretty cool to watch the movie for free, and not pay $29 at the surf shop for it. But the movie should have been tittled The Loner, since it was about being alone. And that's what loners do: complain about people. Not that there aren't things to complain about.

Great movie...He rips and seeing how those villagers live should make everybody who watches it feel grateful for how easy they have it.