LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

anyone surf near north miami?

I was looking into going to a school in north miami. i am from NY and for then most part we get pretty good waves you just might have to go out in below freezing to surf sometime. i was wondering how the waves get over the and also how cold is the water. Thank you.

The water is warm, and the women are topless, but the waves are rare. It is a short flight to PR and Central America, and a 1 to 3 hour drive north for waves. Hallandale inlet is in North Miami, and the Harbor House Hotel is the local spot. It gets OK on northeasters. South Beach is a 45 minute drive south, and is totally zooed out on the rare day it goes off, which when it does, it goes A frame barrells, sometimes in the 23 foot range.

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    ... it goes A frame barrels....
    Once every ten years or so. Sandy was the last time.

A frame barrels n booty!!!

It goes from junky wind swells to placid. On very rare occasion a ground swell could sneak from the north between the mainland and the Bahamas. These waves have pealing lefts but also a hell of a lot of drift as the swell is being channeled between the Bahamas and the mainland.

forget it . go to school at ucf and drive 40 minutes to cocoa beach and points south of there and a lil north

Quote Originally Posted by antoine View Post
    forget it . go to school at ucf and drive 40 minutes to cocoa beach and points south of there and a lil north
    Hell to the yes!

is it comparable to new york or no?

Quote Originally Posted by tjs618 View Post
    is it comparable to new york or no?

To NYC? Sure.

Here, I'll help you out: You're gonna need to be more specific. The more details you give, the better people can help you.

long beach long island