I know its really late but in about 3 weeks i will be going to the Caribbean's and will be bringing my short board with me to surf there but i have a few questions and would appreciate some help/advice from someone thats been there before or knows about these islands.
Just a few other questions i have, 1)ive never surfed anything beside nj and ny so i dont know what to expect with surfing a reef and what to do and not to do and if i should bring booties or not or just rashguard and shorts since its warm weather. 2) i have a bunch of other beaches nearby san juan/ in puerto rico and im curious if you know them or recommend and of those while im there to check out within a 30 min MAX car ride -Isle Verde, La Ocho, Little Fiji, Sheraton, La bomba, Islitas, Chatarras, El unico, aviones, tacones, Pine grove, Punta las Marias, Caballos, Cochino, Kikita beach, Las pasas, La peinilla. If any of those aren't in san juan then tell me so i can cross those off a list i have of beaches surfable in san juan puerto rico. 3) i dont care if there kinda crowded because then i can talk to locals for some advice instead of being alone and not know how to surf a totally different place than I've surf since im used to sandy beach breaks.4)Also im going to be alone some of the days i go and I'm going to have my phone on me and im wondering where i can leave it or if its too dangerous or what beach would be the best that i dont have to worry or even a surf shop or water activities stand i can leave my stuff at 5) if you have every surfed any of these islands i will be also visiting and if you can tell me some information about surfing whether there is or not there is so i shouldnt waste my time researching about it i would appreciate it tremendously- Philipsburg, Netherlands Antilles, St Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Samana, Dominican Republic.