LOGIN | REGISTER

Threaded View

For a better idea of how much time im going to have which for puerto rico is not much but for the 3 other islands more than enough time here is the itinerary for the cruise.
    Day Date Port of Call / Activity Arrive Depart
    1 Fri Jan 18, 2013 New York, United States -- 4:00 pm
    2 Sat Jan 19, 2013 At Sea -- --
    3 Sun Jan 20, 2013 At Sea -- --
    4 Mon Jan 21, 2013 San Juan, Puerto Rico 3:00 pm 9:00 pm
    5 Tue Jan 22, 2013 Philipsburg, Netherlands Antilles 8:00 am 6:00 pm
    6 Wed Jan 23, 2013 St Thomas, Virgin Islands - U.S 8:00 am 5:00 pm
    7 Thu Jan 24, 2013 Samana, Dominican Republic 8:00 am 4:00 pm
    8 Fri Jan 25, 2013 At Sea -- --
    9 Sat Jan 26, 2013 At Sea -- --
    10 Sun Jan 27, 2013 New York, United States 10:00 am --

Puerto rico is a for sure place i will be surfing at but i get there very late at 3pm.I will probably be waiting at the doors at like 230 or something with my stuff and board to get to the beach as fast as possible. If i go to the closest beach i could be in the water at around 330 - 340 earliest which gives me around 2hours and 30 min to 3 hours MAX until sunset and its dark and cant surf anymore.then i will have a couple of hours to get to the boat and it wil be close by so not a problem. And yes i just bought a waterproof case for my iphone 5 called Lifeproof which you can take 6ft under water and has amazing reviews i just hope i can surf with it in my boardshorts pocket since there is no string attached to it. If anyone has tips or advice with what i can do or put my phone that i will need to take with me bc theres like 60% chance i will be alone since my friend wont want to surf and rather do stupid **** there.

For the 3 other islands each stop is at 8 am so i will be up bright and early at around 730 and at the door at 745-750 waiting to get off so i can maybe even go to a beach thats on the other side of the island. For philisburg i will have 10 hours for st thomas i will have 9 and for DR i will have 8 which is still a very long time and i will probably surf about 3-4 hours maybe 5 if its a good 4-6 ft day and with clean offshore winds. I rather not surf at a place that is more than a 5min paddle out bc I'm not familiar with it and ive been surfing beach breaks(NY AND NJ) only for years now and rather do it when I'm older and on a real surfing trip instead of a short vacation on a cruise.

I will be bringing a 5'7 al merrick motorboat too. i have only two boards that and a 6'2 fiberglass shortboard which i will for sure not bring since its way to big for surfing this waist to head high. I'm only 16 and 5'5 so i wont have a car to lock my stuff in or even rent a car. Are there any of those islands besides puerto rico that has a beach with surfing andwater activites such as a wave runner(jet ski) that i will be able to do after i come from my surfing, because last time i went on one was years ago and i wasnt old enough to go by myself so now i am trying to see which place i can jet ski at.

If anyone has anything else tips or advice i would appreciate it tremendously just as sailquik and goosemagoo have said many things on it that i will use on my trip and for those islands.
    Thank you
    Last edited by JakeZnaty; Jan 4, 2013 at 01:51 AM.