LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfingwasteland View Post
    When I was running the report on my webpage, swellinfo was off more often than it was on. As ERock said there are so many factors with Rhode Island, however, with many SSW swells most of the south facing beaches are missed because of their Easterly angles, along with the reefs. My advice is to check numerous times and you'll see how temperamental your spots can be.
    Ya, I think I can make some changes that will be more appropriate for Rhode Island... Let me noodle on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Looks like you want to file the forecast for the east facing breaks in Rhode Island:
    http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-foreca...-island-e.html

I'll take a look at the south facing breaks forecast, which is the default Rhode Island forecast.
    Maybe, we should do away with the south facing forecast.
    South facing forecast is useful, please dont get rid of it. IMO when the forecast is for clean waves (green) its accurate. But when the forecast is for poor conditions, it can be off. Comparing cam to forecast, i'd say its about 70% accurate.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arby View Post
    South facing forecast is useful, please dont get rid of it.
    I agree, I personally spend as much time at south facing breaks as I do spots with more easterly exposure. Plus the RI forecast has the option to switch from south facing to east facing. Please keep the south facing forecast.

Images
    Hey guys,

I've made some adjustments to the RI south facing forecast... You will see these applied at the next update (noon).
    The swell window was indeed way too wide open. I'm not sure why this mistake was there in the first place, but thank you for bringing it to our attention. This should remove those SW swell biases...
    Let me know how it goes for the upcoming swells.
    Rhode Island Surf Forecast

Images
    Awesome,
    many thanks. Will continue to use the spot on function to help dial it in.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arby View Post
    South facing forecast is useful, please dont get rid of it. IMO when the forecast is for clean waves (green) its accurate. But when the forecast is for poor conditions, it can be off. Comparing cam to forecast, i'd say its about 70% accurate.
    Another update improvement has been made to the RI forecast, which takes into the wind blocking headlands and features of the region. So as you said, sometimes it shows poor conditions, and its clean. This improvement will show be in effect at the next forecast update.

Images
    Excellent, much appreciated.

Images
    For the record, this upgrade is being applied to a lot of places, which will see improved condition forecasts. Rhode Island is one of the most significant areas influenced though.