LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

SUP'ers are the suck

I'm surfing the bowl today.
    On a ten+ I get cut off by a tourist on an SUP. Literally dropped in on me after getting a few turns in.
    The ****ing thing cuts my eye and I had to be rushed to Wilcox.
    Now I have witnesses and this is some kook from the St Regis here.
    What to do? I have his insurance info for liability.
    He already paid for my visit today but how to proceed?

Images
    Would it have been better if they weren't in a SUP? Sorry about your eye and stuff but I would bet it was an accident and they happen. Wrong place at the wrong time. He seems to be doing the responsible thing and taking care of your expenses and his insurance is there if you require more attention. Wanna sue him? Why?

I think you should try to get surfing banned all together. That'll show him. And if you weren't surfing in the first place you would have never been hurt.

Get done being mad and get over it.... At least you got to surf today. Try focusing on how good your day was before your collision.

Images

what really is the issue?

would it make any difference if it was an aggro shortboarder or some kid (young or old) on a sponge and you still got hurt? he made good with the dr bills. you have a cool wound and exciting story to wow the babes and impress yer landlubber friends.

sups rule. especially in the mangroves...

supmanglar.jpg

Odds are you will probably see him again in the line up. Then again you might not with one eye. At least you can sport a cool pirate eye patch!

Quote Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
    I'm surfing the bowl today.
    On a ten+ I get cut off by a tourist on an SUP. Literally dropped in on me after getting a few turns in.
    The ****ing thing cuts my eye and I had to be rushed to Wilcox.
    Now I have witnesses and this is some kook from the St Regis here.
    What to do? I have his insurance info for liability.
    He already paid for my visit today but how to proceed?

Seems like the guy is doing the right thing by taking care of your med bills so far.

What to do? Shake hands, forgive & keep moving. Be a man, not some puss who's screaming about a lawsuit.

How did America get to the point where someone owes everybody for anything gone wrong?

Stuff happens. Life ain't fair. Get over yourself.

Yes,it would have been better I would think. Would you rather have a surfboard or an SUP slap you in the face.
    Last edited by StuckontheGulf; Jan 6, 2013 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StuckontheGulf View Post
    Yes,it would have been better I would think. Would you rather have a surfboard or an SUP slap you in the face.
    Exactly... Of course it's worse with an SUP. Would you rather get hit by a skateboard or a car?

I'm not gonna hate on SUP's and start that never ending battle. Ride what makes you happy.
    BUT, if you are going to ride something that is that big and dangerous you have to be more responsible. You can't just run someone over then apologize. Make sure you have the knowledge and skill to ride a giant board around other people. SUPs get a bum rap, because beginners paddle out in crowds. That's how accidents happen

That being said. Lawsuits are for punks, unless you have permanent damage and need support to survive. If he paid for your DR. visit he's doing the right thing. Be a man and move on. Don't look for other ways to milk it.

People get hurt while surfing?

the only reason it is worse on a SUP is SUPs create more damage since they are bigger and heavier. that sucks. least he is paying your bills hope the eye heals well.