LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleToes View Post
    Dude, I know that. I get jokes I think the guy was bogus for sayin that after he tried so hard to help him. Not cool.
    Just making sure...at least the guy feels comfortable talking about his feelings.
    @ glassjaw, I'm with ya. I've ditched plenty of times to get under bomb sets, seen plenty of other guys do it. I always give a quick look to make sure no one is inside of me, if there is I'll just dive like regular.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleToes View Post
    But if you've never had to ditch your board to get under a set of macking waves I'd wonder how serious of surf you've paddled into.
    I only surf when its macking, brah. And the last time I ditched my board I was 12 years old.

^^^^ I got jacked! Bwaahaa! Saweet! Just checkin bra

I just turned 13, btw... tehe....

LOL Umm I dunno about that... You're a pretty wise sage to be a grom...

Sh!t-ass man, I was 13 in 1990. Freaking out to Pearl Jam and enjoying quality new york Knicks hoops. man... things have changed.

I'm still 13.... Well mentally... Got you beat. 13 in 1982!! I was freaking out to Van Halen hangin out at the record store in the mall. Yea things have changed! We can have hella more fun now! Only WE have to pay for it

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSurf View Post
    Its 5'9 x 18 5/8 x 2

Look on youtube for videos on duck diving.....Note the hand positioning on the board. I see a lot of people try to duck dive a board to far down from the nose to really push the board under where you can angle down below the wave.

Here's how one guy duck dives a longboard the right way:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKfUQ_AsrO4

Don't ditch the board unless you got some monster going to break on your board hard. I used to duck dive and try to come up too quick I found on big days and would be ripped from my board but now I dive deep and just wait till I feel the wave suck me back a little bit and then I know I'm good. I hold onto the board with a death grip because when its big your board is your best friend. When a 10 foot rolling head of whitewater is coming your way you'll wish you had your board under you instead of riding a washing machine. Got caught on the inside after missing the first wave of a set at Tres the other day and normally would have ditched the board but dove deep and popped through the next 3 waves breaking on me and/or in front of me. yewwww