LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tim Nolte

Tim is a very humble and mellow guy who builds some great boards. Got a few from him back in the 90's when I lived in Va. Beach. Great shapes at a reasonable price.

Just sold a 12 foot board made by Tim. It surfed great, was well glassed and held up very well. I would definitely recommend his boards.

I have ridden a few of his longboards are they are great

The first board I bought, from a craigslist ad, was a 9'4" x 22 7/8 x 2 3/4 Tim Nolte performance longboard thruster with a hull bottom. I love that board, it was my go to all the time for NJ small days and even when I moved to RI last summer. My best surfing bud liked it so much he had Tim make one for him -- but to suit his size (he's 6'4"). I finally retired it this winter, but Tim is making me a new one at 9'. It has a rounded pin tail and a nice rocker in front. You can't hang ten on it, but it catches in steeper stuff and turns nice and quick for a big board. I really love its versatility. Can't wait to get my new one. The old one . . . someone will get lucky if the snag it down in Narragansett.

He learned from "the ever elusive" Mike Doyle. He does good work. He saved me once In '95, when Doyle left me hanging on a board (wouldn't glass it) with a week before a CR trip. If you can get one, try a hull bottom. that was the kind Doyle didn't finish. he was doing boards of some space age polymer that he'd put in a giant real a meal and vacuum the air out
    Last edited by chicharronne; Jan 8, 2013 at 05:11 PM.