LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I've only been to Rincon PR, but it's perfect if you go to the right places. I highly recommend staying with Bobby at Mar Azul Surfshop, he's got a private villa that is safe and secure and pefect for a couple. http://www.puertoricosurfinginfo.com/

If you choose to stay here, it's walking distance to Sandy Beach (although we drove), which is where we spent most of our time (8 days), it's mostly a sand bottom, but if you want to surf a point or reef, you can find one right next door. My wife and I love it there and will definitely be back soon.

It's ideal for a beginner but it's not limited to, It was anywhere from 1-2ft on small days up to 8-10ft on the larger days. My wife got to do some paddle boarding and some swimming, while I paddled out alone on the larger days and she kept a close eye on our stuff and the car.

After surfing there is a great beach bar called Tamboo you'll love. Right in front is a nice point left off the rocks you'll dig, it was barreling when I was there, such a fun wave!

So, it looks like CR is winning out. Looking at car rentals. I have read that it is best to rent in Liberia at the airport. I did some searching and there is a lot of insurance cost, mandatory and otherwise that is added on to the "Base Cost". Any comments on that?

Hey Marsh,

Forget this stuff ... Pacific coast of Colombia all the way!

(this is an inside joke ... please no flaming)

The last thing you want is a bad experience for your girl...

Dont leave anything in the car that you want to be there when you get back... I love both places, but the petty theft in CR is off the charts.

Images
    All you need is the basic insurance...This car rental is in Jaco... http://www.zumarentacar.com/
    I know its not where you heading but I've delt with them for 8 years and they INCLUDE the cost of insurance in their car rental prices so you can compare the prices with the rental companies at Libera vs Zuma. I know Warren at Zuma personally and they have some of the cheapest rental prices in Costa Rica. Check out ADOBE car rental...they are a costa rican company based at Liberia and San Jose airports...other companies include common names such as Thrify, Hertz, and Avis. Do some comparison and you can save a ton! Good luck!
    Last edited by imperial; Jan 14, 2013 at 01:13 PM.

Car rental in CR are ripoffs.

Post Madonna 'r

Madonna 'rakes in 10m dlrs for being Louis Vuitton face'
    New York Post The New York Post is the 13th-oldest newspaper published in the United States and the oldest to have been published continually as a daily.[3] Since 1976, it has been owned by Australian-born billionaire Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation and is one of the 10 .
    Madonna, who is getting divorced from Guy Ritchie over issues
    ranging from sex to Kabbalah kabbalah or cabala (both: k [Heb.,=reception], esoteric system of interpretation of the Scriptures based upon a tradition claimed to have been handed down orally from Abraham. water, is enjoying being the face of the
    fashion giant.
    Madonna's rep declined to comment.
    Meanwhile Madonna was also in news for advising pal Britney to
    never get married again. It covers virtually all of South Asia since its foundation and presently claims, on its official website, to be the leading South Asia-wide news agency. (ANI) - All Rights

Definitely CR but stay away from Jaco. It is very seedy there and not a place to take the wife. Tamarindo is a good bet.

10. PR no brainer. Rincon is beautiful. It is truly a paradise. gas is dirt cheap, food is amazing. More spot variety in rincon than on the north shore.