LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

kelly slater wave co

I just stumbled upon this http://www.kswaveco.com/

Really a matter of time before there are more of those everywhere...

its looking like its going to be in queensland australia.

Imagine having that in this area, 85 degree water temps and snowing.... I would like it

They finally got more than a splash page up! Heck, maybe that means they will have one built by 2020....

I would fully support one being built down around Myrtle or something. Far enough away, yet close enough.

Bummer, I want to go left.

Quote Originally Posted by StuckontheGulf View Post
    Bummer, I want to go left.
    Im sure the machine that pushes the water can go in either direction... otherwise that would be a stupid miss on their part....

I don't think we see this for 20 years.... maybe never. who would fund such a thing? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have one near me.... but you know some fat out of shape kid is gonna get aced in one and that would and insuring it would be a pipe dream after that...

I hope these never get off the ground. Groms from landlocked Idaho are gonna be ripping. Which means more people surfing. Which means more people moving to the coast. Which means more crowded lineups. Kids getting tubed who have never seen the ocean before.... kinda ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Im sure the machine that pushes the water can go in either direction... otherwise that would be a stupid miss on their part....

I don't think we see this for 20 years.... maybe never. who would fund such a thing? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have one near me.... but you know some fat out of shape kid is gonna get aced in one and that would and insuring it would be a pipe dream after that...
    At the indoor skydiving place I train they are building an indoor wave which you can use actual boards with fins. I spoke with the owner and she explained its going to be the biggest fuax standing wave that uses actual boards in the US. She mentioned you can bring your own board as long as it has FCS fins. They give you a pair of rubber fins similar to the foam boards. She is going to charge by the half hour per group and it seems like its going to be reasonable. I will be going to train for skydiving and will let you guys know the quality. It should be open in the spring.

http://skyventurenh.com/surfsup_nh.php

http://skyventurenh.com/surfsup_nh.php
    Im about to sell my surfboard an never think about surfing again.... good grief..