LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Images
    Careful Liam, someone will pull out the racist moniker to stifle your right of free expression.

"THERE TAKIN OUR JOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBS!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!" , Tre Parker (or Matt Stone)

Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    It's amazing they arrest someone for climbing on a structure in the ocean while they don't arrest/deport illegal immigrants. We spend our resources/money on arresting US citizens instead of illegals which have the biggest impact on our debt and economy. Illegals receive services that should only be reserved for citizens. Healthcare, education, food stamps, welfare and section 8 housing are all services they receive. This adds billions to our debt every month. This doesn't even count the billions for housing illegal criminals in the prison system. It's amazing that they can break the law coming here. Then, have a baby which qualifies them for food stamps, welfare and section 8 housing. I talk to friends who are realtors. These illegals come into their offices approved with $2,000/ month for rental housing because they had babies here. Wow, I'm working my ass off and they are living better than me.

This is the real problem with the country and why we will keep going further into debt. If they actually arrested/deported these people, the country would be able to use all this money for tax breaks or paying off the deficit. I was never a huge fan of welfare but it does serve a purpose as zgaffer says. There are some families who need it who are actually working. My problem is with non-US citizens who receive services that I pay for. It really gets to you when you see them only focusing on petty crimes by US citizens when the biggest crime and economic impacts are caused by illegal immigrants. PBS was running specials on the costs of illegals about a year ago. That stats are crazy and this comes from a very good news source compared to fox and cnn. I think I will go to Mexico, renounce my citizenship and then come back. Then, I will get to live here without working but have everything paid for. The big misconception is that all illegals are hard workers. If you read the stats, that isn't true. Most don't have any jobs and are getting aid. It's crazy that other people in this country make you feel that you can't speak out on this matter.

This is a real problem that is leading this country to a major depression. Something needs to be done about it. The system needs to be changed to prevent illegals from receiving services or they need to be deported. Making them citizens will only qualify them for more services and more people draining the system. Then, we will be looking at a 60% tax rate.

It's amazing they arrest someone for climbing on a structure in the ocean while they don't arrest/deport illegal immigrants. We spend our resources/money on arresting US citizens instead of illegals which have the biggest impact on our debt and economy. Illegals receive services that should only be reserved for citizens. Healthcare, education, food stamps, welfare and section 8 housing are all services they receive. This adds billions to our debt every month. This doesn't even count the billions for housing illegal criminals in the prison system. It's amazing that they can break the law coming here. Then, have a baby which qualifies them for food stamps, welfare and section 8 housing. I talk to friends who are realtors. These illegals come into their offices approved with $2,000/ month for rental housing because they had babies here. Wow, I'm working my ass off and they are living better than me.

This is the real problem with the country and why we will keep going further into debt. If they actually arrested/deported these people, the country would be able to use all this money for tax breaks or paying off the deficit. I was never a huge fan of welfare but it does serve a purpose as zgaffer says. There are some families who need it who are actually working. My problem is with non-US citizens who receive services that I pay for. It really gets to you when you see them only focusing on petty crimes by US citizens when the biggest crime and economic impacts are caused by illegal immigrants. PBS was running specials on the costs of illegals about a year ago. That stats are crazy and this comes from a very good news source compared to fox and cnn. I think I will go to Mexico, renounce my citizenship and then come back. Then, I will get to live here without working but have everything paid for. The big misconception is that all illegals are hard workers. If you read the stats, that isn't true. Most don't have any jobs and are getting aid. It's crazy that other people in this country make you feel that you can't speak out on this matter.

This is a real problem that is leading this country to a major depression. Something needs to be done about it. The system needs to be changed to prevent illegals from receiving services or they need to be deported. Making them citizens will only qualify them for more services and more people draining the system. Then, we will be looking at a 60% tax rate.
    Seriously? Can you please provide sources for all the "stats" you quote.

I'm not arguing that illegal immigration isn't an issue that needs to be addressed (I don't think it's "the real problem with the country"), but how exactly do you go about arresting illegals? Ask anyone who isn't white for their papers? Maybe we can just hire some old Stasi officers from WWII Germany to start this program. In NYC, if you're arrested and undocumented, you are immediately referred to ICE. Arrested...not convicted. You could be an 18 yr old kid whose family moved here when you were 3 and be wrongfully arrested and then deported. Sounds reasonable, right?

We need immigration because our population growth is slowing. Without adding to our population, we won't be able to afford the Ponzi scheme known as Social Security. Deporting all illegals would cost much more than giving them resident status and getting them to pay taxes. Sensible immigration reform is needed, but don't look for it from the current cast of buffoons we have in Congress.

And by the way, hundreds of thousands of illegals are deported every year - http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/111...shingtondc.htm

This thread needs to end now... Are we really arguing immigration laws on a SURFING site? Hows it working out?

bob- "I hate Obama"
    joe- "Obama is great"
    bob- "Great point Joe. You're right. I love Obama now!"

Quote Originally Posted by zrich View Post
    Seriously? Can you please provide sources for all the "stats" you quote.

I'm not arguing that illegal immigration isn't an issue that needs to be addressed (I don't think it's "the real problem with the country"), but how exactly do you go about arresting illegals? Ask anyone who isn't white for their papers? Maybe we can just hire some old Stasi officers from WWII Germany to start this program. In NYC, if you're arrested and undocumented, you are immediately referred to ICE. Arrested...not convicted. You could be an 18 yr old kid whose family moved here when you were 3 and be wrongfully arrested and then deported. Sounds reasonable, right?

We need immigration because our population growth is slowing. Without adding to our population, we won't be able to afford the Ponzi scheme known as Social Security. Deporting all illegals would cost much more than giving them resident status and getting them to pay taxes. Sensible immigration reform is needed, but don't look for it from the current cast of buffoons we have in Congress.

And by the way, hundreds of thousands of illegals are deported every year - http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/111...shingtondc.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    This thread needs to end now... Are we really arguing immigration laws on a SURFING site? Hows it working out?

bob- "I hate Obama"
    joe- "Obama is great"
    About as well as surfing has worked out recently.

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post

bob- "I hate Obama"
    joe- "Obama is great"

EXACTLY. there are plenty of good pages to argue politics. don't pollute this one with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Careful Liam, someone will pull out the racist moniker to stifle your right of free expression.
    Zip, starting a conversation about illegal immigration is a hell of a lot different than implying everyone on welfare is uneducated and black. I could give a F CK bout political correctness. Iíll/You post whatever the hell I/you want on this forum until I/you get banned or the post gets deleted. But, be ready for the comments. You can't take the heat, don't play with fire. You don't have the conviction or the facts to back up what you say, you probably shouldn't say it. I don't write checks my a$$ can't cash. Iíve never gotten the impression you do either.

We need to deport everyone in this country illegally to their country of origin and amend the constitution so that it takes more than being physically born here to have citizenship. Perhaps as a caveat only individuals born to naturalized citizens should be given that privilege. Additionally, social services should only be for people who are here legally and do not abuse the system. The ideas that education, social services, health care, hell going to the library or driving on roads; are rights rather than privileges is a modern one. Iím all for these things, we were a rich and prosperous nation and can be again; but if you donít protect such things from people who abuse the system, the system will crumble. I have no problem with welfare reform either. I have a problem with idiots.

The biggest problem with any of these arguments or issues is that they arenít the gravest danger. The gravest danger, the biggest abusers of the system; are our corrupt politicians who continue to graft the system for their own personal gain and the gain of those people who put them into power. Everything else pales in comparison. Who bought Countrywide? Who bought Lehman?

You and I, Zip. You and I.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    EXACTLY. there are plenty of good pages to argue politics. don't pollute this one with it.
    ok, sorry. I didn't start the fire.

Touche....

Quote Originally Posted by zrich View Post
    About as well as surfing has worked out recently.

Total cost of illegal immigrants on the US economy (according to the restrictionist Federation for Immigration Reform) $114 billion per year
    Total cost of obesity on the US economy: (according to the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention) $147 billion a year.

So, barrels4liam, are you even more pissed about fat people?