LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Wow, Swellinfo turned into a combination of CNN, and Fox News. I heard guys talking politics in the lineup yesterday. This is fantastic......or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jtblue18 View Post
    Wow, Swellinfo turned into a combination of CNN, and Fox News. I heard guys talking politics in the lineup yesterday. This is fantastic......or not.
    LOL. Good point. I'll quit talking and I never talk about politics in the lineup. Surfing washes away all the bull**** and you're just in that moment.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    LOL. Good point. I'll quit talking and I never talk about politics in the lineup. Surfing washes away all the bull**** and you're just in that moment.
    At one point, I wanted to make a rule of no political talk on the forum, so that, like you say, surfing can remain that escape from all the other BS in the world. But, every attempt I have made to try to curb the political debates never worked... Apparently, even on a surfing forum, this is what everyone wants to talk about. I did ban political ads, served by third parties (not Swellinfo chosen), which pay good money because people got so upset over them.

This thread topic, however, definitely got side tracked from the original topic, which was the guy who climbed the roller coaster.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Jan 12, 2013 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    I like this! I am so into the tiny house movement, I drive my wife crazy dreaming of selling everything, building a tiny house, raising my chickens and just being free from all the stuff. I would rather be poor and free than live like a rich man and be a slave to debt. Life is soo short, the older you get the faster life moves and before you know it you are gone. Forget about collecting things and collect experiences(not that I quite live up to that ideal ). That said I still respect anyone who wants to go out make a million dollars and build a mansion. If that's what makes you happy go for it, it's just not for me.
    Agree 100%...We are so brainwashed in this country into thinking that materialistic items and how many of them defines your worth. Such bull$h*t...if surfing has taught me one thing, it's that experiences are worth more than any material item. And the knowledge to know that is worth more than it's weight in gold.

"Donít gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." -Bob Marley

That's one of the great things about being an American... you get to pick political sides... or not... and speak your mind... or not. Maybe our forefathers did exactly what we do today, only they did it sitting around a table lit with candles, drinking homebrew, instead of over the internet.

if your deliberately putting you life in danger to the extent it will endanger the lives that would have to save you if you were to get stuck is why

Some guy climbed a roller coaster???

Images
    Wow came back from the weekend and this thread is still going strong.

Images
    what is a politic???

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroevol View Post
    Some guy climbed a roller coaster???
    Bwaahaahaaa!!! You'd neer know it with all the mud slinging....