LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    "The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."
    -Glen Beck

Quote Originally Posted by headrow View Post
    -Glen Beck
    Actually, Ayn Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Actually, Ayn Rand.
    well, ayn rand via john galt

Glenn Beck isn't that smart.
    Last edited by aka pumpmaster; Jan 10, 2013 at 07:16 PM.

I just saw the news footage of them getting the guy down. He walked right down and stepped voluntarily into the boat. They proceeded to roughly turn him around and handcuff him. While he was walking through the water up to the beach a cop knocked his helmet off into the water. Maybe it's just me but why did they have to treat him like that?

Since I'm in Texas I don't know any of the new stations in that area to look up the video. Zippy, do you mind posting a link please?

I don't see what the problem with arresting him is if one is not allowed up on the structure..... what if he died? Im sure a family member would come out and try to wrangle cash from the city/state/anyone else who might be liable....
    Now if they guy was just down on the shore line getting a close up of the scene, then yeah... arresting would be over the top.

I'm sure when they wet the oar for the first time as they left the Nina, The Pinta, and the Santa Maria and rowed towards the unknown wilderness and the absolute freedom it provided that the very first americans dreamed one day their ancestors would be arrested for climbing a structure to hang the very flag that represented their dreams of freedom. Modern Americans arent free. We're captives of banks and insurance companies. Monetized liability and the illusion of safety. Welcome to the new world order.

F*&k I wish there were some waves today. There, we're free and wild, if but for a few hours.

Images
    Found this clip and article.....sounds like he was ready to camp out up there for a few days.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/na...186056362.html

Quote Originally Posted by Manisses View Post
    I'm sure when they wet the oar for the first time as they left the Nina, The Pinta, and the Santa Maria and rowed towards the unknown wilderness and the absolute freedom it provided that the very first americans dreamed one day their ancestors would be arrested for climbing a structure to hang the very flag that represented their dreams of freedom. Modern Americans arent free. We're captives of banks and insurance companies. Monetized liability and the illusion of safety. Welcome to the new world order.

F*&k I wish there were some waves today. There, we're free and wild, if but for a few hours.
    other then the wish for waves... the statement is totally ridiculous. you don't think that there was a hierarchy on the boats? they had to do what the captains said. at least we can chose to break the rules or not. they had to follow orders or they risked the entire boats....

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    What a lousy excuse to arrest someone. A roller coaster is not a physcial place, it is an object of attraction. Plus, the object is currently located in the ocean, which is not regulated by ownership of any sort.

Not only is this dude a badass, he is a patriot. These colors don't run.
    i thought that was pretty badass,but the reason he got arrested is so other kids starving for attention dont try it.if someone climbs it and falls seaside will get sued for millions.its like someone climbing on your roof,placing an american flag,then falls and breaks their neck.in the great state of nj u will get sued and possibly arrested.a few years ago,a thief broke into someones house and drowned,the homeowner was charged with manslaughter.true story check him out on the doc site