LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tips for Costa

Images

Tips for Costa

hey guys, im traveling to costa (playa hermosa) and i was just wondering if there was any foods and drinks to avoid so i dont get sick. This will be my first time on a surf trip so any other tips would be helpful. thanks so much in advance

street meat. other than that, choose places that look clean, don't go crazy ordering things on the menu, and drink plenty of guaro.

don't go cheap on the sunscreen. get some waterman's, and don't skimp. put it everywhere, and use the stick for your face. be polite, tip well, and respect the area.

Images
    Lots of threads on this. The food in CR is very good and much less processed than our food. Find out where the local people eat (I don't know Hermosa). Bottled water only. Imperial. Be cool, have fun.

Images
    Get some Mamones! Awesome furry fruit in costa. Drinking water is safe, food is great, waves are even better.

walking distance Las Ohlas has excellent breakfast, smoothies, lunch fair. if you have a car the soda in Jaco at the bottom of the hill has the best food around(tico prices)..it will be the one with a full parking lot. Have fun!

Rancho Grande is a great place to stay its cheap and right on the beach. las olas, jungle surf, vista hermosa all have really good food. in jaco cafe del mar is good and the green room is awesome. Kip and Raquel have amaving food. apple pancakes and the breakfact burrtio are the way to go. PM if you want some more info or have any other questions.

Drive the speed limit. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Manisses View Post
    Drive the speed limit. Seriously.
    this. & be careful on the one lane bridges. i've seen many gnarly head ons on those.

it's been about 10 years since i've been to hermosa, but i really enjoyed surfing a spot called tulin's that was at the end of a dirt road south of the main town. much less crowded than the main spot & more user-friendly on the low tide.

Second "live ones" on the places to eat. No need to go the bottled water route unless you want to, the local water is fine. Make sure to wear your seat belt as the fine is pretty stiff ($600 US) for each person without one and there are check points. Great breaks all along the Playa Hermosa. Headed back the end of June for 3-4 weeks.

Playa Nosara twice. Some of the best waves of my life. Caught it at about head high for a few days, then head high plus a couple for the last 2 days. Long, long rights. Some very legit times at Bleu Dogs. The weed stunk but it didn't seem to matter. Have a blast man. Jealous.