LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

To Hood, or Not to Hood. That is the Question.

Speaking hypothetically, of course, if one were to decide to say...go for a swim in the ocean off the coast of Maryland this weekend, and said swimmer was equipped with a 4/3 wetsuit, booties and gloves, do you think this individual could manage to be comfortable without a hood, if it does in fact get to the predicted 60F?

Again, just speaking hypothetically so as not to jinx anything.

since most of the body's heat loss is through the skull I think I'd pack my hood

Yeah, winds are gonna be on it for sure...even with 60 F air, you might want it.

Images
    its getting close, but when I surfed last week, you definitely still wanted the hood when you got tossed around. If your just mellow cruising, then you can take it off.

Personally, I cant wait to lose the hood for good.

Images
    Carson get up with me if you should be coming down. You can use my extra hood.(think your the last to wear it anyhow.) I have LAX Games in lower D.E., at the shore, in the morning. I should be getting in the water around 2:30.
    So call me and we'll work out the where and when.

IF THE WINDS COME CORRECT! It'll be on like donkycong Saturday!!!

I hope to see the ocean again, been on the road for 4 weeks and have 4 more to go. A weekend break would be nice...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Joyner View Post
    I hope to see the ocean again, been on the road for 4 weeks and have 4 more to go. A weekend break would be nice...
    I haven't been in the water for 4 weeks either, don't feel bad.

4/3

I Have Used A 4/3 The Whole Winter. Last Week On The Warmer Day I Did Not Use A Hood And I Was Out For About 4 And Half Hours. So...this Weekend You Will Be Fine. The Problem Is When You Take 4 Or 5 In A Row On The Head. Thats When You Get The Icecream Headache!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OCSpongR View Post
    Carson get up with me if you should be coming down. You can use my extra hood.(think your the last to wear it anyhow.) I have LAX Games in lower D.E., at the shore, in the morning. I should be getting in the water around 2:30.
    So call me and we'll work out the where and when.

IF THE WINDS COME CORRECT! It'll be on like donkycong Saturday!!!
    Lacrosse games at 9:30 AM and 1 PM and pictures at 2:30 PM, all on Saturday. I'm pretty much out.

No Hood!!!

i have been rocking the 3/2 all winter with no hood in jersey and have managed. you be fine with out one but it will suck a bit if you get tumbled after a wipe.