LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surfing Monday?

Yesterday the waves were thigh high with the occasional waist high sets... but honestly man I wouldn't dwell on how big it is going to be tomorrow. If there's a bump in the ocean and you think you wanna go for a session, paddle out. Your in LB so it wont make or break your day if you drive down to the beach and check the swell.. Keep an eye on the cams and the winds... the forecast is just that - a forecast. It could be flat as a lake or a little better than predicted... gotta get down there and check it out to be certain. Hope we can get some action tomorrow !

Quote Originally Posted by OldSoul View Post
    Yesterday the waves were thigh high with the occasional waist high sets... but honestly man I wouldn't dwell on how big it is going to be tomorrow. If there's a bump in the ocean and you think you wanna go for a session, paddle out. Your in LB so it wont make or break your day if you drive down to the beach and check the swell.. Keep an eye on the cams and the winds... the forecast is just that - a forecast. It could be flat as a lake or a little better than predicted... gotta get down there and check it out to be certain. Hope we can get some action tomorrow !
    yeh. it looks like it could be something and by 12pm the winds start shifting to NNW and its going to be clean tomorrow so i guess it check it out and watch the cams in the morning and evening

Images
    Wind is about to switch.. Day off log time.

currently all of my cams on Long Island are useless because the thick fog. Ill be checking it out around noon as the front starts to pass so no worries ... And Sunday the surf for central long island was predicted 1-2 ft. I went expecting to sponge and when I got to the beach it was actually 3+ longer period swell, which turned out to be an awesome unexpected morning session.

LI Waterman, can you post up a report... the cams are shot lol but the sun is coming out over here..

Some small fun waist high waves today in Monmouth County, nice air temps and not a soul around. I was hoping this would be the case based on other information that I checked but I guess most people thought ankle slappers based on the forecast.